Perth County Ingredients is a privately held Canadian producer of dried egg products, located in St. Marys Ontario. Through our advanced facilities, latest drying technology and quality systems we produce dried egg products for the world’s food, beverage and sports nutrition industry. Our products are used in applications such as baking, protein drinks, nutrition bars, fish cakes, sausages, pasta, sauces and so much more. PCI has also developed high-value dried egg protein products for pet food applications.
PCI currently has an opening for a Dryer Operator.
The primary role of the Dryer Operator is to effectively execute SOP’s related to dryer operation and sanitation to ensure production lots are processed correctly, in a timely manner and accurately complete all documentation requirements associated with the tasks completed. The accurate completion of tasks and documentation supports our SQF Food Safety and Quality Program.
Hours of Work: Continental shifts rotating every 4 weeks (7:00 am – 7:00 pm OR 7:00 pm – 7:00 am); Sunday – Saturday
· Accurate and timely completion of all process documentation as it pertains to Yellow Dryer operation, packaging, coding, deviations, reconstitution and CIP’s.
· Maintaining all logs and filing all paperwork
· Effective cleaning of all tanks and lines using a CIP/COP system, and monitoring of time, temperature, and flow.
· Assisting in physical inventory counts
· Meeting all requirements as specified by Quality and Management to ensure 100% customer satisfaction
· Communicating with Customer Service/Office Administration as required
· Responsible for ensuring a safe working environment and adherence to Health and Safety obligations including wearing proper PPE
· Daily inspection of Power Equipment required if used
· Performing tasks assigned by Management
· Follow Procedures pertaining to the Employee Traffic Rules associated with the segregation of Raw and Finished production areas of the plant
Completion of Grade 12
Food manufacturing experience an asset
English Language a requirement (good oral and written communication skills)
Ability to operate machinery in a safe and responsible manner
Must be able to work flexible hours
Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team
Possesses or is able to obtain a valid Forklift License
Applicant must have a strong work ethic, time management skills, attendance and ambition.
Competitive wage – benefits after successful completion of probationary period, Group RRSP program after successful completion of 6 months.
No Phone Calls Please - applicants selected for an interview will be contacted
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Company pension
Reference ID: 180220
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.50 /hour
- Food Equipment Operation: 1 year (Required)
- Food Processing: 2 years (Required)
- St. Marys, ON (Preferred)