Reporting to the Service Manager, this position is responsible for building service quotations to support the Edmonton Service Department and the PSSR’s working at the Branch. This individual will build service quotes within the ERP Portal and monitor our success at the time of completion of the project and determine if adjustments need to be made to the quotation for future use.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare accurate customers quotes by working directly with the service supervisors and the parts department. This will includes determining parts required and expected labour hours to complete the task and formatting into a customer quotation.
- Build and maintain a detailed tracking system so all finalized quotes can be used for future quoting decisions at various SMS branches. This will include creating, updating, and maintaining a quote database.
- Monitor, adjust and validate quotations once the task is completed; making adjustments to the master quotation to ensure SMS receives a high rate of return on their Investment.
- Request equipment repair costing information and proposals from key business partners and equipment suppliers.
- Collaborate with the SMS corporate office flat rate group to grow and develop flat rate programs.
- Additional tasks include: supplying the OEM with technical information, requesting technical support from OEM, and submitting warranty claims.
- Supply service manager with monthly performance reports relating to quoted tasks (focusing on gross margin).
This position typically requires a minimum of 4 to 5 years of experience in the constructions/service industry. Additional qualifications include:
- Parts or Service trades certification is preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience working in a service or parts department.
- Practical technical knowledge of construction and mining equipment.
- Advanced knowledge of computer software such as MS Office suite.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge and use of electronic parts and service information-based web modules.
Job Type: Full-time