COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
We are currently seeking 20 reliable, energetic and motivated GENERAL LABOURERS to join our team in Mitchell, On
You must be reliable, have a positive attitude and good attendance as well as a willingness to work two-week rotating day & afternoon shifts.
You must also be able to follow work instructions to ensure quality and promote a healthy and safe work environment by doing your part.
Previous manufacturing experience is an asset, but we are willing to train the right candidates
Starting rate is $17/hour plus monthly production bonus, with work boot allowance and health & dental benefits after completion of the probationary period and company sponsored RRSP after 6 months of continuous employment.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Follows all Safety Rules and Regulations as outlined in the Employee Manual
- Wears all Prescribed Personal Protective Equipment as per Employee Manual
- Actively promotes and understands all relevant safety rules
- Ensures that proper machine lock outs are performed
- Ensures that Durisol procedures and work instructions are adhered to
- Ensures that the correct tools are being used to inspect the quality of the product being produced
- Reports all non-conformances to the Quality Department
- Identify and document all rejected panels
- Ensure quality moulds and curing pallets are being used – remove all defective moulds from system and notify the Lead Hand of required repairs
- Ensures the drawing specifications are adhered to
- On the job at the start of the shift
- Follows Durisol Work Instructions
- Rake, level, tamp and screed Durisol or finish Concrete within time required and to the required levels
- Install plastic rebar chairs, wire mesh, rebar and lifting inserts within the time required
- Place and check rebar in the product to specification
- Properly identify product with tag and document
- Unload product
- Ensure ID of the product is correct
- Check pattern and finish on both sides of product for obvious visible damage
- Ensure non-conforming panels are bundled together
- Train and assist other hourly employees as required
- Participates on CAR teams as required
- Support projects and training as required to generate business results and expand skill set
- Responsible for promoting and supporting a work environment where people are respected and treated with dignity
- Train and assist employees for the position they are working in
- Any other duties and/or projects as assigned by the Supervisor/Foreman/Lead Hand.
- Ensures that the Area is clean at the end of each shift and all tools are cleaned and returned to their designated areas
- Ensures that the shop floor is a showcase for our customers
Durisol Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer, if accommodation is required at any stage of the hiring process, please contact Human Resources
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 /hour
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Mitchell, ON (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)