The Express Scripts Canada Pharmacy, with regional services across the country is transforming the Canadian prescription drug landscape and the way patients make decisions about their medications.
Our Pharmacies are seeking Part-Time Pharmacy Assistants that provide meaningful support at the right time to our members for better health and peace of mind.
We are actively looking for Part-Time Pharmacy Assistants to support the day-to-day operations of the Burnaby Pharmacy operation weekdays Monday through Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm.
- Do you want to work with a great team & improve patient lives every single day?
- Do you want to make a difference and improve patient health outcomes every day?
In this role, you will be accountable for processing prescriptions refills, entry of patient care information into Kroll and taking action on member requests. We offer a competitive salary and total rewards package, along with a positive work environment built on solid corporate values: integrity, mutual respect, collaboration, passion, service and alignment.
- Gather information to create and maintain patient profile including allergies and conditions
- Accurately process prescriptions through Kroll including third party adjudication
- Escalate coverage questions to 3rd party adjudicators as necessary
- Inventory Management (ordering, receiving and shelving)
- Provide exceptional customer service over the phone
- Label and prepare prescriptions
- Manage patient’s billings and accounts receivable
- 2 years of recent dispensing experience in a retail pharmacy is essential
- Experience handling BC Pharmacare claims and adjudication issues
- Excellent written, verbal and oral communication skills,
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Strong customer service focus
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude is a must
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical math
- Computer literate, possessing intermediate skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Proficient in Kroll software
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Flexible to situations and adaptable to change
- A thorough understanding of quality assurance and delivery of service excellence
- Excellent organizational skills, effective time management, and the ability to shift priorities working within established timelines
- Demonstrates initiative (learn processes and procedures, various benefits) and displays self-motivation to grasp new concepts quickly
- Results-oriented paying attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Accuracy in Data Entry is mandatory
- Bilingualism (English and French) is an asset
About The Department
Pharmacy Operations is responsible for ensuring the efficient operations of the Express Scripts Canada pharmacies. This department is responsible for establishing and maintaining corporate standards of quality, productivity and performance in accordance legislative and regulatory requirements. Further, this department is responsible for overseeing the production levels and service standards associated with pharmacy operations.
About Express Scripts Canada
Express Scripts Canada, a registered business name of ESI Canada, an Ontario partnership indirectly controlled by Express Scripts, Inc. (Nasdaq: ESRX), is one of Canada’s leading providers of health benefits management services. From its corporate headquarters in Mississauga, Ontario, just outside Toronto, Express Scripts Canada provides a full range of integrated pharmacy benefit management (PBM) services to insurers, third-party administrators, plan sponsors and the public sector, including health-claims adjudication and processing services, Home Delivery Pharmacy Services, benefit-design consultation, drug-utilization review, formulary management, and medical and drug-data analysis services, to better facilitate the best possible health outcomes at the lowest possible cost.
It will be a condition of employment that the successful candidate receives the Enhanced Reliability Clearance from the Federal Government. The candidate will be required to provide supporting documentation in order to receive Clearance if required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, along with a positive work environment built on solid corporate values, integrity, mutual respect, collaboration, passion, service and alignment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we build a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be.
We are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities.
Thank you for your interest in this position however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No telephone calls please.
For more information about Express Scripts Canada, visit its Web site at www.express-scripts.ca.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $21.00 /hour
- Pharmacy: 1 year (Preferred)