Key Job Elements
Position Requirements:Required Qualifications:
- This is a two-year unaccompanied fixed-term contract in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The Company will not support the entry or stay of a spouse, dependents or visitors. The position includes suitable, furnished living accommodations and transportation.
- Conduct maintenance, repairs, retrofits and upgrades on crew served weapons and weapons mounts.
- Learn to drive, operate and support FOLAV maintenance activities as required.
- Provide technical reports, problem reports and scheduled status reports as required
- Maintain maintenance and material status within a designated electronic data tracking tool
- Provide technical guidance and support to the customer as necessary
- Provide off-site technical, test and repair support when required.
- Function as a team member in Saudi Arabia.
- As required, operate workshop equipment such as forklifts and overhead cranes.
- Maintain safe work practices.
- Conduct additional assigned tasks as directed
- Travel to and live in Saudi Arabia.
- College diploma in a mechanical discipline or equivalent Military Certification
- Minimum 3 to 5 years relevant experience
- Extensive experience maintaining military weapons and weapons systems
- Strong mechanical and electrical skills
- Demonstrated oral/written communication, interpersonal and computer skills
- Self-motivated with proven ability to perform well in a team environment
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to perform with minimal supervision
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to travel and possess/be able to obtain and maintain a valid passport, obtain a Saudi work visa and relocate to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for an extended period
General Dynamics Land Systems – Canada is an employment equity employer who values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is a requirement that General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada be registered with the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and that all of its workforce be security assessed. As such, successful applicants must meet all applicable security requirements, including, but not limited to, the ability to obtain and maintain a Canadian government security clearance to secret level.