Responsible for either implementing or managing all HR policies/procedures and programs at an assigned facility, or managing corporate HR Programs. As a key member of the plant business team or corporate HR team, ensures functional HR objectives are met.
- Provide management level consultation and services regarding HR operations, programs, systems, employee/labor relations and compliance issues.
- Support HR Directors in the design, communication and execution of strategic HR solutions to address issues and/or improve HR processes and systems.
- Responsible for support, training and enforcement of all corporate programs and compliance activities.
- Conduct and/or support investigations for site LP Confidential calls, employee concerns, complaints and other issues.
- Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting Human Resources functions. Ensure personnel decisions, policies, procedures and reporting requirements are in compliance with regulatory requirements and LP core values.
- Ensure effective new hire orientation, education and training for employees. Ensure timely and consistent delivery of training programs.
- Supervise activities of HR business support or generalist staff
- Ensure employee records, payroll documents, Performance Reviews, Performance and Action Plans, Corrective Action Reports and other documents are properly prepared and processed as needed
- May need to maintain effective working relationship with union and properly administer the agreement. Interpret, manage and consult on grievance and arbitration. Assist, as necessary, with contract negotiations. Administer hourly compensation in compliance with the agreement and governmental requirements.
- May manage programs at a corporate level, such as relocation, background screens, substance abuse, etc.
- May provide oversight of affirmative action plan completion
- May manage workforce planning to include job postings and recruitment for site staffing needs.
- Manage and/or administer compensation and performance management programs to ensure fair and consistent treatment of all employees.
- Maintain confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- May administer hourly and salaried benefits programs at the plant site.
- Perform all duties in accordance with environmental and safety rules and regulations. Perform other duties as necessary.
- Customer Focus
- Passion for Results
- Communicates for Impact
- Demonstrated knowledge of employment law, labor relations, and HR strategies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of compensation, benefits, safety, training, and workforce planning practices and principles
- Demonstrated knowledge of jobs associated with the manufacturing process.
- Working knowledge of HR systems including HRIS and payroll.
- Working knowledge.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Industrial Relations, Business or related field.
- 7 plus years’ related experience; demonstrated supervisory skills
- Or any equivalent combination of training, education, and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position.
- Office environment.
- Exposure to plant environment may be subject to extreme temperatures with exposure to dust, noise, and chemicals.
Job Type: Full-time
- Supervisory/Management: 1 year (Required)
- Building Materials or Pulp & Paper or Forestry Industry: 1 year (Required)
- Unionized work environment: 2 years (Required)
- Human Resources: 8 years (Required)
- Canada (Required)
- English (Required)