The Saskatchewan Foster Families Association (SFFA) exists to support and encourage foster families through education and advocacy, helping create healthy homes, positive environments, and brighter futures for children and youth in care across the province. The SFFA requires an individual interested to work as part of our In Home Support Program as a Domestic Support Worker.
As the Domestic Support Worker your role is to assist the Foster Parents or Caregivers in maintaining the cleanliness of their homes. Domestic Support Workers must be reliable, and physically able to perform their duties, possess good time management skills, and able to work with minimal supervision. This position will also require providing transportation for the children to get to school.
Hours of work will be Monday - Friday 8:30AM-11:30AM (15 hours/week).
- Sweep, mop, and vacuum floors throughout the home
- Manage kitchen duties such as sanitizing countertops, cupboards, tables, and chairs, organizing within cupboards, pantry, and refrigerator
- Ensure that all kitchen appliances such as cooking ranges, dishwashers, and microwaves are cleaned and maintained
- Empty waste bins and garbage cans
- General dusting throughout living areas
- Dust window blinds; Clean interior windows
- Sanitize bathrooms including toilets, tubs, showers, mirrors, and sinks
- Sanitize surfaces of the home including door handles, baseboards, walls, etc.
- Wash, fold, and put away laundry
- Food preparation such as, making breakfast, children’s lunches, snacks, baking, and dinner preparation
- Minimum High School Diploma
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Criminal Record Check inclusive of Vulnerable Sector Check
- Valid Driver’s License
- Knowledge of cleaning procedures and practices
- Ability to read and follow instructions
- Knowledgeable of safety practices when using cleaning agents
- Job experience preferred in one of the following fields: house cleaner, commercial property or hotel cleaner
Salary for this position is $14.00 per hour.
The Saskatchewan Foster Families Association appreciates all applications; however only those selected for an interview will be notified. No phone calls please.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $14.00 /hour
- Support Care: 1 year (Preferred)
- Battleford, SK (Preferred)