Work with us as one of our sub-contractors. Drive to the homes of our clients to provide dog walking, pet sitting, and house sitting services.
The amount of work depends on the number of requests we receive from clients for our services. And with the Holiday Season upon us, we have a high demand for our services right now and coming up.
We receive many requests for our services by quote and reservation requests that our clients complete and submit to us online. We assign the work directly to you. All work is paid. No purchase is required to work for us (we provide the software and access to it for free; we provide all documents you need for free); you should have a computer with internet access and a vehicle. We do not charge you any fee as a condition of working with us. We are not a pyramid-type organization. You will do the work at the homes of our clients (or in their neighbourhoods if walking their dogs).
We are always recruiting to find more people to help us provide our services to a growing clientele throughout ONTARIO, and we invite applications from persons interested to work in any neighbourhood.
We provide strong support that starts with an orientation session and continues with on-the-job coaching and the provision of free, sophisticated tools that say "professional" and that make administrative tasks quick and easy to take on. If you think you can meet the requirements to be on our team, we want to hear from you today.
For detailed advantages of working with us and to apply online on our website:
- Experience in the animal industry or equivalent is an asset.
- Experience as a pet parent.
- Experience in customer service.
- Solid knowledge of daily pet care and some medical topics relating to pet health.
- Strong knowledge of and an astute ability to notice changes in pet behaviour.
- Strong business acumen that translates into an ability to build and maintain your own business as a sub-contractor.
- Strong ability to work with little to no supervision.
- Strong ability to pay attention to details. Good interpersonal and communication skills, with an ability to interact with tact, diplomacy, and sensitivity.
- Moderate computer literacy and skills to use a web browser, MS Outlook and MS Excel.
- Moderate administrative skills.
- Moderate grammatical and spelling skills.
- Attend homes of LP&HS clients to provide pets with playtime, give fresh food & water, clean litter boxes, water plants, administer oral/injectable medications, take out trash, pickup mail, walk dogs.
- Maintain and complete legible records and files in keeping with LP&HS requirements.
- Collect payments from clients and remit them to LP&HS.
- Arrange and undertake meet & greet consultations with clients.
- Communicate with client in person and by telephone, with LP&HS Daily Diary Notes, and by emails.
- Handle keys to clients' homes.
- Occasionally visit (about once or twice per year) the vet clinics/hospitals (and possibly groomers, pet shops, travel agencies as well) in the neighbourhood you service to introduce yourself and to refill the Loving Paws & House Sitting brochure stand they have for us - we call this networking, and it is important because vets and pet-care related businesses refer clients to us.
- Complete duties necessary with owning and operating your own sub-contractor business.
- Complete administrative duties as a sub-contractor of LP&HS.
We offer a generous pay based on the number of visits undertaken. Pay is a percentage of what is billed to clients. We pay every 2 weeks. Pay varies depending on factors like the number of visits made before the pay date, the number of pets during a visit, the type of service given, the duration of a visit, and if the visit takes place on a holiday.
More details are provided to candidates who meet the essential qualifications for the position and who demonstrate a genuine interest to join Loving Paws & House Sitting. It is not uncommon for clients to pay tips for good service.
- Must love pets.
- Compassionate, positive, and enthusiastic personality.
- Must be dependable and reliable.
- Must drive an insured and reliable vehicle.
- Must agree to work on weekends, holidays, evenings, and possibly overnight.
- Must have a reliable computer at home with Internet access.
- Must have MS Excel and Outlook on home computer.
- Must provide a "cleared" Criminal Record Check.
- Must not have any past criminal charges or convictions pending criminal investigations relating to the abuse, neglect, or abandonment of any animal, or any aspect that directly impacts your ability to provide safe care to any animal; or traffic violations for which pardon has not been granted.
- Must not have any past criminal charges or convictions or pending criminal investigations relating to any breach of trust matter, such as theft of property or fraud.
As a dog walker, pet sitter, and house sitting business, LP&HS offers services at the homes of its clients, or in their neighbourhoods when dog walking is involved.
Working as a sub-contractor of LP&HS requires driving to the homes of LP&HS clients.
Job Types: Part-time, Freelance
- Driver's Licence (Required)