Interested in working with a wonderful company with an amazing team? Our company is growing and we are looking for hard working team players! We are always looking for A-players to join our team!
The Carpenter works under the general direction of the Construction Manager to plan and organize the assignments of a project in order to meet the profit and timeline goals. The Carpenter may oversee Carpenter Apprentices and Laborers assigned to them, ensuring that the quality standards of the company are being met.
· Demonstrates skill in the safe operation of shop tools such as table saw, radial arm saw, power planer, power shaper, router, wood lathe, airless paint sprayer, large belt sander, band saw, etc
· Assists in the installation of blanket insulation between studs and tacking plastic moisture barrier over insulation.
· Removes plaster, drywall, or paneling, using crowbar and hammer.
· Assembles and installs metal framing and decorative trim for windows, doorways and vents.
· Reads blueprints and other specifications to determine method of installation, work procedures and material and tool requirements.
· Measures and installs drywall panels to accommodate electrical outlets, air-conditioning units and plumbing.
· Follows and leads by example all health and safety policies and procedures and ensures that they are followed by all personnel and sub-contractors.
· Practices good housekeeping discipline on the job to ensure a safe, non-cluttered workplace and to minimize cross contamination.
· References of previous carpentry and drywall jobs.
· High School graduate or equivalent.
· Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures.
· Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance as pertains to drywall work.
· Skilled at measuring, cutting, fitting and fastening the drywall panels; skilled taper/finisher of drywall panels.
· Able to identify and estimate the quantity of materials needed to complete a job.
· Accurately estimate length of time and cost of a job.
· Willing and able to work on-call for after hour’s emergency work.
· Able to build relationships with all parties involved in the construction process
· Good at problem solving and conflict resolution.
· Valid driver's license with a clean driving record.
Job Type: Full-time
- carpentry: 2 years (Required)