POSITION: Operations Coordinator
STATUS: Full-Time- Parental Leave Contract (January 2022-March 2023)
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
The Dementia Society of Ottawa and Renfrew County (DSORC) is a not-for-profit charitable organization that was founded in 1980. DSORC helps people in Ottawa and Renfrew County impacted by dementia by providing guidance and support, social programs, peer engagement, education, information and resources. We serve more than 20,000 people each year within the geographic area of the City of Ottawa and Renfrew County.
Reporting directly to the Director of Operations, and working in tandem with other team members, you will have the privilege of supporting and collaborating with a close-knit and passionate team that continually strives to perform at their best-those in the community affected by dementia are at the heart of what we do. You will be responsible for maintaining and coordinating an effective and efficient office environment in a hybrid setting for numerous internal and external stakeholders. This is an opportunity to flex your organization and coordination skills as we prepare to enter a new and permanent hybrid working environment. This position will play a key role in supporting and influencing this transition, from roll out of new standard operating procedures, to physical space set up, to vendor coordination.
This position works within a hybrid model that includes both remote and in-office work. Hours are 8:30am until 4:00pm, with 30 minutes for lunch unless an alternative schedule is agreed upon with your supervisor.
Working closely with the Director of Operations, and the Administrative Assistant, the Interim Operations Coordinator is responsible to:
Support Transition to Permanent Hybrid Working Environment:
· Create, monitor, adjust, implement detailed work plans
· Coordinate space and equipment configurations
· Liaise with and coordinate vendors
Coordinate and Support Day to Day Working Environment:
· Liaise with Information Technology (IT) and other vendors to ensure efficient and secure working environment
· Ensure maintenance and effective performance of office equipment, including phones, postage machine, Xerox work centers and printers
· Ensure that the office space is neat and well maintained at all times, including organizing and overseeing clean up days as needed
· Supervise and direct workflow of Administrative Assistant
· Working closely with the admin assistant, maintain office inventory, including annual inventory report
· Some reception duties as required
Provide Governance Support:
· Provide Board governance support and act as the organization’s main administrative resource for all Board and Committee members
Provide HR Support:
· Facilitate efficient onboarding and off-boarding of all employees
· Digital file maintenance, standard documentation, etc.
· Prepare and send announcements and communications to staff
· Pull, compile and submit statistical reports as required
· Other duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Post-Secondary Education; in Office Administration preferred
· 3-5 years’ experience in Office Administration
· 2-3 years experience coordinating and/or assisting organizational projects
· 2-3 years experience with operations and maintenance of a standard office environment, particularly in liaising with IT vendors
· Experience working with a diverse team in a remote virtual work environment
· Understanding of customer service principles and practices
· Understanding of a not-for-profit environment
· Analytical and problem-solving skills; confidence in decision making
· Excellent Computer skills (including Microsoft Office suite)
· High attention to detail
· Exemplary Time management skills; proven ability to multitask and prioritize tasks
· Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and organizational skills
· Demonstrated good judgement and high integrity
· Bilingualism in both official languages preferred
We are looking forward to reviewing your application and hearing about how you can support us in this exciting interim position. Please submit your cover letter and resume by Wednesday, December 22nd at 4:00pm EST. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone or email enquiries, please.
Contract length: 14 months
Application deadline: 2021-12-15
Expected start date: 2022-01-10'
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Work from home
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
all staff required to be fully vaccinated. We continue to work in a predominantly remote environment.
- Office Administration: 3 years (preferred)
- Project Coordination: 2 years (preferred)