RESIDENT PROGRAM / MARKETING MANAGER
The Palace Retirement Home
The Palace RH, a 32 suite retirement residence situated in Alexandria, Ontario
The above full-time position 30 hours per week Salary commensurate with experience and include full benefits.
Candidates are invited to apply to the attention of Diane Dupuis Executive Director
- Plan, organize, direct and supervise the department program which includes: recreational, Exercise classes, pastoral care, music therapist and volunteers.
- Implement and evaluate program relating to the physical, emotional, social, intellectual and spiritual needs of the residents.
- Develop departmental goals and objectives.
- Actively participate in program delivery.
- Develop, implement, and monitor programming budget lead & support fundraising events.
- Responsible for the sales, marketing and promotional events related to the lease of residential suites across the Retirement portfolio. Motivated, sales driven individual with a passion for senior’s accommodations.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various community stakeholders.
- Visit stakeholders in the community and act as liaison for the Home
- Provide tours and deliver engaging presentations to prospects and their families.
- Maintain marketing and sales reports, keep prospects engaged.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in recreation and leisure studies, therapeutic recreation, kinesiology or other related field from a community college or university required.
- Knowledge of the concepts of Holistic care, Activation and Dementia Care.
- Minimum one year supervisory experience, experience with volunteers an asset.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills of the English & French language.
- Ability to work independently and complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of community resources, program development, RHRA standards.
- At least one year of experience with seniors in an organized program or one year of experience with persons in a health care setting required.
CLOSING DATE: Oct 23-19
In Ontario, Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- supervisory: 1 year (Preferred)
- English and French (Preferred)