Customer Service Meat Counter Clerk
Cantors Express
Winnipeg, MB

Customer Service Meat Counter Clerk – Cantor’s Express

We are looking for enthusiastic, customer focused, and organized individuals to join our team either on a Full Time or Part Time basis as Customer Service Meat Counter Clerks for Cantor’s Express in support of two FreshCo Store Locations opening soon. Flexible shifts available throughout the day. Hours of operation are from 6:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Monday to Sunday.

Who We Are

Cantor’s Meats is a 3rd generation family run grocery business based in Winnipeg. Our current location has been opened since 1944. We sell quality meat, fish, and groceries to customers within the city and surrounding areas. Quality has been one of the main things that has kept people from all stripes of life coming back to the family run business. It is imperative that our employees provide the same quality in products and services every day.

The Opportunity

As a Customer Service Meat Counter Clerk, you will provide exceptional service to deli counter customers by answering questions, making recommendations, providing samples, and responding to requests. In this role, you will also slice, weigh, package, and price meats and cheeses for purchase.

Responsibilities and Duties

As a Customer Service Meat Counter Clerk, you will be responsible for:

  • Ensuring excellent customer service, including greeting and responding to questions
  • Preparing special orders, party trays, and packaging items
  • Updating displays, cases, and other deli areas to ensure new items and promotions are showcased
  • Filling, maintaining, and rotating products and displays
  • Labeling products with appropriate dates and prices
  • Ensuring all work areas are kept clean and presentable at all times by cleaning all surfaces, equipment, floors, removing trash, and confirming that all tools and equipment are in working order
  • Following all Health and Safety along with Food Safety Standards set up by the company and other regulatory agencies
  • Working well and cooperating as part of a team to ensure customer satisfaction
  • Other duties may be assigned by your immediate supervisor to assist in supporting the business.

Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required

  • Meat counter and/or food preparation experience is preferred.
  • Ability to communicate effectively, verbally
  • High School Diploma
  • HACCP Certification
  • Manitoba Health Food Handlers Certifications
  • WHMIS
  • Must be available to work days, evenings, and weekends, Monday to Sunday
  • The capability to begin at 5:00 a.m.
  • Excellent customer service, communication, and math skills
  • Ability to handle customer requests, questions, and concerns
  • Enthusiastic and capable to work as part of a team

Physical Demands of the Position

  • Constant standing and walking, 100% of time.
  • Operating equipment such as cheese and meat slicers, scales, cutting tools, and other Deli equipment
  • Frequent bending at waist, repetitive motions, twisting, reaching arm's length/above shoulders/below waist, handling, crouching/stooping/kneeling, lifting, and carrying heavy items on a regular basis

Work Environment

Must be able to work with and around machine noise, in hot or cold temperatures, and fast-paced environment.

Employee Benefits

Benefit eligibility for Full Time employees after 6 months service include:

  • Dental Coverage
  • Medical Coverage
  • Life Insurance
  • Accidental Death and Dismemberment

Cantor’s Express pays 40% the cost of benefits and employees pay the other 60%

If you’re seeking an opportunity to work for a family-operated business in Winnipeg and have what it takes to work in our industry, please apply now!

Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.

Job Types: Full-time, Part-time

Experience:

  • Meat Counter/Food Preparation: 1 year (Preferred)
  • Customer Service: 1 year (Required)

Location:

  • Winnipeg, MB (Required)

Language:

  • English (Required)