Scorpio Masonry is a busy masonry company with over 35 years of experience in the industry. We are currently seeking 10 motivated individuals to join our team on a full time basis to start work immediately.
Construction Labourers (Bricklayer Helpers) at Scorpio Masonry have the opportunity to work on a variety of challenging and rewarding masonry projects. These projects vary in size and type, and include projects such as new commercial buildings and interesting restoration projects, to building residential community entrance features and performing masonry repairs. This position is very physical in nature, and includes a wide variety of duties.
- Loading and unloading masonry materials and construction equipment, and moving the material around the work area. This includes loading material such as brick and block onto the scaffold.
- Building and dismantling scaffolding.
- Mixing mortar and concrete.
- Operating equipment such as mortar and concrete mixers, saws, grinders, drills, pumps, etc. as directed.
- Operating a forklift/zoom boom.
- Removing debris from the work area and keeping the jobsite clean.
- Levelling earth to specification using a rake and shovel.
- Handling weight up to 45kg (100lbs).
- Other activities as directed.
Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- Ability to handle physically demanding work and willing to perform a variety of tasks as required.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Ability to work at heights.
- Communication skills in English.
- The following certifications are an asset: Construction Safety Training Systems (CSTS), First Aid, WHMIS, Forklift Operator.
- Experience in the construction field is an asset.
- This position is available to start immediately.
- The wage ranges between $21-$28/hour and will based on certifications, skills, abilities and experience.
- Benefits include: Health Care Plan, Vision Care Benefits, Paramedical Services Coverage, Dental Plan, Disability Benefits, Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP), Life Insurance.
- Reliable transportation is as asset, as some jobsites may have limited access to public transportation.
- You must supply your own steel-toed safety boots, a hard hat and gloves. Other safety equipment will be provided as required for the work environment.
- In-house safety training.
- Weekly pay via direct deposit.
- A great corporate culture.
- Perks like pizza lunches, contests and events.
- Competitive wages, holiday and vacation pay. Wage will be based on relevant experience.
- A comprehensive benefits package, available after 3 months continuous employment.
- Great hours: 8 hours/day, Monday - Friday, with most jobsites working from 7:00am - 3:30pm. Hours may range between 32-40 hours/week, depending on weather and site conditions. Overtime may be requested on occasion.
- There is an opportunity for individuals who show an interest in the trade and potential as a Bricklayer to apprentice after working as a labourer for a minimum of 6 months.
How to Apply:
- Email your resume through Indeed.com
- If you have questions, please contact our office at 604.249.0616. We are open M-F, 8:00am-4:30pm and our office is located at 12240 Vickers Way, Richmond, BC V6V 1H9.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $25.00-$32.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
We are following all provincial and site specific guidelines.
Work Location: In person