Promyse Home Care provides the highest of quality, customized health care services to seniors in their homes throughout Waterloo Region. Our team is made up of personal support workers (PSWs), supportive care workers (SCW), health care aids (HCA) and registered practical nurses (RPN). We truly value our employees and we are looking to expand our team with qualified and dedicated professionals.
Promyse Home Care is hiring caregivers who are seeking work in Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge and surrounding communities. As a member of our team, you will work one-on-one with clients in their home. You will provide the needed support to allow our clients to remain in their home, including companionship, assisting with activities of daily living, meal preparation, light housekeeping.
The services we provide are customized to the needs of our clients. Our client’s select their own visit times and so we have variety of shifts available during days, evenings and overnights. We are not hiring for set shift times, but rather will match you to our client’s needs based on your availability. Some of our team members work full time hours, while others have another employer and are looking to supplement their hours. Both types of employees are valued by us and our clients.
The COVID pandemic has brought unique challenges to our PSW professionals, and your safety is our top priority. We follow all public health guidelines for Community Services. In addition, you will be provided with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), as well as daily COVID-19 screening and health and safety training.
· AVAILABILITY: 20-40 hrs per week
· Personal Support Worker Certificate, or equivalent educational AND professional experience
· Minimum 2 years work experience providing seniors or disabled adults with care
· Criminal record check with Vulnerable Sector Check – completed within the last 6 months
· Current CPR Training
· Recent Negative TB test or Chest X-ray
· Strong verbal and written English language skills
· Valid driver’s licence and reliable vehicle is preferred as clients are not always located on a bus route
· Highly valued is a willingness to service clients throughout Waterloo Region
· Position: Part-time up to Full-time
· Personal one on one care with the client
· You will NOT be required to work with COVID positive clients
· PPE is supplied
We wish to thank all applicants for your interest. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual, Permanent
Salary: $16.50-$25.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Paid PSW (or equivalent) work: 1 year (preferred)
- PSW Certificate (or suitable equivalent education) (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
- Overnight Shift (preferred)