Primary Engineering and Construction Corporation (Primary) is a growth-oriented industry leader providing professional engineering and construction services.
We provide our people with the opportunity to determine their own career path and fulfill their ambitions. We empower our clients by tailoring our solutions to their specific needs. We strengthen our community by connecting them to what is possible today and providing a solid foundation for tomorrow.
Primary is powered by our people.
Our diverse teams and inclusive culture are the core that powers Primary. Our diversity allows us to better serve our customers and Engineering communities by listening to and enabling unique perspectives.
Primary remains committed to fostering an open and safe environment in which the voices of all team members, clients and community members are heard. As we grow our company, we will continue to remove barriers and create new opportunities within our industry.
We have an opening for a Distribution Engineer or Technologist in our Kelowna office.
- Design and drafting of: underground and overhead electrical distribution infrastructure (4kV – 25kV system voltages) and street lighting systems
- PLS-CADD modeling
- Research and standards development
- Customer meetings and site inspections
- Project schedule management and tracking
- Design coordination with customers, municipal authorities, other utilities & various project stakeholders
- Electrical and mechanical engineering calculations for underground and overhead systems
- Material take-offs from design and project estimating
- AutoCAD drafting
- Other duties as required by senior engineering staff, including contract administration
The eligible candidate should possess:
- Bachelor of Engineering or Technologist Diploma from a recognized college or technical institution (Civil or Electrical preferred)
- Eligibility or registration with Engineers and Geoscientists BC (EGBC) or Applied Science Technologists & Technicians of British Columbia (ASTTBC)
- Great interpersonal skills with the ability to develop business relationships conducted in a professional manner
- Strong collaborative skills and willingness to liaise with other disciplines (marketing, drafting, construction, survey, and civil) to ensure projects are accurate, compliant, on-time and on-budget
- Demonstrated self-motivation and drive for improvement
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Class 5 driver’s license
A few qualifications that would help you succeed:
- Familiarization with FortisBC and BC Hydro design and construction standards
- Experience working in the electric utility or related engineering environment, ideally with experience in design and cost estimating of electrical distribution projects
- Firm understanding of computer programming
- Strong knowledge of the Canadian Electrical Code
- Experience with AutoCAD, PLS-CADD, AGI32 and MS Office
Primary offers a highly competitive compensation package including, competitive salaries, bonuses, Health & Dental benefits, Health Care Spending Account, flexible work schedules, paid vacation, Company Matching RRSP, flex days, and several career and professional development opportunities.
If you are ready for a new challenge and want to make a difference in the industry, please send your resume in confidence.
**Please Note, you must be a Canadian Citizen or have a valid work permit**
We thank all candidates for their application however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kelowna, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
- Class 5 Drivers License (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Kelowna, BC