Reporting to the Manager of Parks and Director, the Facility Maintenance Worker is responsible for the daily maintenance of municipal parks, parks buildings/washrooms, town entrances, floral gardens/displays, tree maintenance, and outdoor recreational facilities: sports fields, tennis/basketball courts, recreational trails and playground equipment.
Specifically, the Facility Maintenance Worker is responsible for:
- Installation and tear down of all Festival of Lights Displays and assisting in the decorating of Santa’s Festival Village
- Gardening, landscape and the care of annuals, perennials, and trees
- Daily, weekly, monthly facility, equipment checks and maintenance logs (Fire Safety Equipment, Lighting, Health and Safety Inspections and Regulation)
- Stocking janitorial and washroom supplies daily
- Repair or make arrangements for building and equipment repairs
- Perform Maintenance Work at other municipal-owned facilities, including the Arena, Victoria Park Community Centre, or Fusion to meet operational needs
We are seeking individuals that take pride in their work, demonstrate a strong work ethic and can operate independently. Additional requirements include:
- Grade 12 Diploma or GED
- Previous maintenance experience, the operation and maintenance of outdoor lawn equipment i.e. tractors, lawn/riding mowers
- Experience in the maintenance and repair of LED lights and multi-channel light controllers
- Experience in the care and planting of annuals, perennials, trees and landscaping
- Experience in minor plumbing, carpentry, painting, mechanical and electrical repairs an asset
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player who is able to establish effective working relationships
- Strong public relation skills and effective written and oral communication skills
- Standard First Aid and CPR Level C certification.
- Valid Ontario’s G driver’s license.
- A clear Criminal Record Check
- Physical capability to perform all essential job duties including lifting/carrying 0-25 kg, standing for prolonged periods, climbing stairs and ladders, crouching, kneeling, bending, twisting, and operating power tools and machinery.
Probationary Rate: $23.99 per hour (2019 rate)
Job Rate: $24.84 per hour (2019 rate)
Benefits and pension in accordance with the Collective Agreement and Town of Ingersoll policies.
Monday to Friday, Daytime shift
Flexible Work Schedule (Possible Evenings and Weekends – Special Events)
40 hours per week
Member of CUPE Local 107
To explore this exciting opportunity further, qualified candidates are invited to submit their application, in confidence, to the attention of the HR Coordinator by July 15, 2020.
Town of Ingersoll
130 Oxford Street, 2nd Floor
Ingersoll, Ontario N5C 2V5
The Town of Ingersoll is an equal opportunity employer and will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request and throughout the entire recruitment process.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those invited for an interview will be acknowledged.
Personal information submitted is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used to determine suitability for the position advertised.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $23.99 per hour
- Casual Dress
- Company Pension
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Planting and Landscape: 1 year (Required)
- maintenance and repair of LED lights: 1 year (Preferred)