Medical Office Assistant at Cobourg Medical Centre (Community Family Medicine Clinic)
We are currently seeking an energetic and self-motivated Medical Office Assistant to provide excellent service to patients in our busy family medicine clinic.
The ideal candidate would be capable of multi-tasking and be able to work in a very fast paced environment. Positive attitude and teamwork are very important qualities sought after.
- Contribute positively to the efficient operation of the clinic.
- Demonstrated ability to work with limited supervision or as part of a team in a rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing in English.
- Reasonable computer proficiency
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Welcome, register and schedule appointments in a professional and courteous manner.
- Obtaining patient contact information and updating the database accordingly.
- Managing requisitions for tests and consultation requests.
- Receive telephone inquires, scanning and fax accordingly
- Process patient invoices.
- Manage emails & messages and prioritize.
- other administrative tasks as necessary
- Knowledge or prior experience in a medical centre
- Medical Office Assistant course or commensurate work experience
We thank you for your interest in this position, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: 2021-07-25
Expected start date: 2021-08-03
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $16.00-$19.00 per hour
- Discounted or free food
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
Staff are provided with adequate Personal Protective Equipment at all times. Plexiglass barriers are in place for reception work areas. Office cleaning protocols are stringent to minimize risk of COVID-19 exposure to staff.