At Lowe’s Canada, over 26,000 employees let their passion blossom every day. Our teams are driven by the desire to help people bring their projects to life and are committed to making a difference in the communities we serve.
We operate or service some 470 corporate and affiliated dealer stores. With a distinctive product and service offering and complementary store formats ranging from neighbourhood hardware stores to big box stores, our Lowe’s, RONA, Reno-Depot, and Dick’s Lumber banners are always looking for dedicated employees to help meet the needs of all DIYers and contractors.
You’ve got the talent? We’ve got the tools! Here, your work and ideas will contribute to building a flourishing organization. Your voice will always be heard and valued. You’ll find career opportunities that live up to your ambitions and be able to further develop your unique set of skills.
So if you’re looking to do what you love, and to grow and evolve within our family—one of the best employers in Canada according to a recent Forbes survey—we could be perfect for each other.
Our expectations :
The Head Cashier is responsible for supporting Cashiers in providing exceptional customer service and completing all point of sale procedures. Through effective scheduling, coaching and leading by example, the Head Cashier ensures all customers’ needs are met prior to leaving our store. If you have a passion for customer service, are results driven and have strong leadership skills, then we have a great opportunity for you!
Your role :
The qualifications we are looking for :
- Provide all RONA customers with exceptional service by supervising, training and mentoring Cashiers and Customer Assistance Personnel (CAPS)
- Coach and recognize WARMTH behaviours and promote Customer Opinion Survey
- Ensure appropriate front end procedures are applied to maintain transaction accuracy and inventory integrity
- Pay in and cash out tills at the beginning and end of all shifts
- Ensure appropriate coverage for breaks, lunches and maintain department schedules to meet customer needs
- Assist Customer Service Desk team when necessary
Your benefits of working for Lowe’s Canada :
- Friendly and enthusiastic attitude
- Excellent listening, communication, and interpersonal skills to foster strong customer relations
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and demonstrate flexibility by providing other team members support and leading by example
- Detail oriented with strong time management and problem solving skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Accurate with math, currency and related cashier experience an asset
By joining the Lowe’s Canada family, you’ll enjoy many benefits, such as:
- An inclusive and safe working environment
- Promotion of work-life balance
- Exclusive employee discounts
- Benefits: insurance (certain conditions apply), annual salary review, etc.
- Opportunities for advancement within the company
- An employer that’s involved in the community
- Teamwork and ongoing training
- A comprehensive training program for all new hires
- A company discount on store merchandise
- A student incentive program
- And much more!
The masculine generic is used without discrimination and only in order to simplify the text. Lowe’s Canada is committed to encouraging diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, nationality, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.