Due to the COVID-19 outbreak we are currently pausing all in-person interviews. We will continue to review applications and phone screen short listed applicants. Please note that the interviewing process may take longer than usual due to postponing in-person interviews. We thank all those interested in employment at Alexander College and appreciate your understanding during this time. The safety of our students, staff, and faculty is Alexander College’s number one priority, and we are actively reviewing this changing situation on a daily basis and following the recommendations of the BC Health Authority.
POSITION OVERVIEW: A short term contract to develop virtual ESL program Curriculum. A resourceful, experienced individual needed to create a foundational ESL curriculum that leads to future academic success. Under the direction of the Department Head, the ESL Curriculum Developer, works with faculty, staff and administration to create an energized original ESL curriculum; facilitate curriculum planning, development & implementation; and classroom delivery.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Reports to the Department Head
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Part-time, temporary contract with possibility of contract renewal
- Flexible working hours (currently all employees required to work remotely and supply own equipment and supplies)
- Must be available for Microsoft Teams meetings (have speaker and headset or sound working on computer or smartphone)
LOCATION: Currently remote
- Paid a set rate upon successful ESL Curriculum completion
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- A graduate degree (Bachelors minimum, Masters, PhD or equivalent preferred), and minimum of three years of ESL teaching experience
- TESOL, TESL or CELTA Certificate
- Experience in ESL academic administration or similar role
- Demonstrated success in innovative or student-centered teaching techniques
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills including computer competencies, meeting deadlines, working under pressure and self-direction
- Strong ability to proactively, critically, and collaboratively problem solves
- Excellent instructional capability
- Proficient with educational technology including databases
- Superior oral and written communication skills and an ability to present arguments clearly and effectively for a range of audiences
- Able to maintain professionalism and cordiality when working with others
- Develop ESL curriculum for students that may lead to qualifying for future Academic programs
- Liaises with the Department Head
- Identify best practices in and development of instruction, curriculum development, assessment, and English Language Support.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in the above position and you would like to apply, please apply by visiting our careers page here: https://alexandercollege.ca/about-us/careers/ and e-mail your cover letter and resume with the e-mail title being “*[Your full-name]_ESL Curriculum Developer 2020*”. Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be accepted. In your cover letter, be sure to tell us what you would bring to the team and why you’d be perfect for this role. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you!
The position will be open until filled.
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home opportunities
Reference ID: ESL Curriculum Developer 2020
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- ESL teaching: 3 years (Required)
- Curriculum Development: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)