Position: OPERATING ROOM AIDE
Department: Surgery – Operating Room
Shifts: Days/Evenings/ Nights/Weekends
Rate of Pay: $24.17 - $25.15
ABOUT JOSEPH BRANT HOSPITAL
Joseph Brant Hospital (JBH) is a full-service community teaching hospital located in the growing and thriving community of Burlington, Ontario, serving more than 185,000 residents in Halton, Hamilton, Waterdown, Flamborough, Milton and Stoney Creek. It is honoured to be recognized as one of Hamilton Niagara’s Top Employers for five (5) consecutive years, with a skilled staff of 194 physicians, 1,911 full- and part-time staff and more than 700 volunteers.
JBH is a Clinical Education site in conjunction with McMaster University, and designated as an Academic Community Teaching Hospital. Its expanded campus includes the state-of-art Michael Lee-Chin & Family Patient Tower, featuring a new Emergency Department, 172 acute inpatient beds, 9 new Operating Rooms and post-anaesthetic care unit to support expanded medical, surgical and outpatient services. JBH is also a partner member of the Burlington Ontario Health Team.
JBH inspires and empowers a culture of caring and this is demonstrated in many ways including our commitment to the health, safety and wellbeing of our people. For more information, visit www.josephbranthospital.ca.
The ORA is responsible for providing assistance to the nursing team in the care of the surgical patient.
- Obtaining equipment, supplies and positioning aids for scheduled cases.
- Assisting with setting up the room, holding limbs for surgical prep, and assisting with patient positioning under the direction of the RN circulator.
- Dismantling and transporting dirty instruments and equipment to the decontamination area.
- Performing room cleaning and turnover duties between cases, and patient transport.
- Performing final checks to ensure that all needed supplies and equipment are available for surgical procedures.
- Operating Room Attendants course or equivalent course required.
- Minimum of grade twelve (12) or equivalent.
- Previous experience working as an OR attendant would be considered an asset.
- C.S.A.O. Certification or equivalent required.
- Scope Certification Training an asset.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal required.
- Demonstrated reliable attendance and punctuality.
PLEASE NOTE: Assignment subject to change based on the needs of the department.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity please visit the JBH Careers page to apply to posting #201004. We ask that you please include the posting number in the subject line of any email correspondence. No phone calls please. We thank all applicants and only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Any information obtained during the recruitment process will be used for employment recruitment only, and not for any other purpose.
JBH is committed to and supports practices that are inclusive. HR will accommodate any needs under the Ontario Human Right Code (OHRC) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Recruitment processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested.
Should you require accommodation through the application and/or recruitment process, please contact HR for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org or at Ext. 4129 to allow opportunity for appropriate accommodations to be made.
Job Type: Casual