- Bankruptcy & Insolvency -
Are you looking for a rewarding new career where you can work within in a team dynamic and showcase your skills? We are recruiting for a unique position for a Paralegal to join our client's busy team. Our client is a medium-sized law firm located in downtown Edmonton. The ideal candidate must have a minimum of three years of experience either in Bankruptcy and Insolvency, Foreclosure or Senior Litigation preparing documents, keeping up with deadlines.
This position requires someone with strong administrative and organizational skills. The successful candidate must be able to work well under pressure, multi-task, prioritize work, and take direction. A team-oriented approach and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment are also essential.
- Drafting pleadings and correspondence;
- Preparation of Affidavits of Records;
- Organizing records for various litigation purposes;
- Diarizing and maintaining a bring-forward system for court dates, questioning etc.;
- Email management and filing;
- Opening and closing client files and preparation of engagement letters;
- Preparing client accounts on a monthly billing cycle, including follow-up with delinquent accounts.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Post Secondary education from a recognized Legal Assistant/Paralegal program;
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a litigation practice within a law firm;
- Strong client-facing and communication skills;
- Excellent organization and strong prioritization skills;
- Knowledge of litigation management/production programs is an asset;
- Excellent electronic document organization skills; and
- High proficiency with Adobe, Excel and Word.
Salary commensurate with experience; benefit plan available.
We thank everyone who applies; however, only those selected will be contacted.
We encourage and reward all referrals.
Thank you to all applicants.
We look forward to assisting you with your career search.
KPM Staffing Inc. Our team specializes in connecting invested, talented individuals with reputable Alberta organizations the first time around.
With decades of experience behind us, our team takes a holistic approach when it comes to understanding the level of caliber companies seek in their workforce. We are also passionate about assisting candidates during various points in their careers, whether you’re an eager graduate or a seasoned professional looking to make a transition. We leverage the most comprehensive recruiting processes to create on-target matches for both our clients and candidates.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Must be double vaccinated.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Edmonton, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- legal assistant: 3 years (required)
Work Location: In person