IFC Energy Services is a mechanical contractor that provides fabrication and field construction services to the energy industry in Alberta.
We are currently seeking a new graduate mechanical or civil engineer (EIT)/technologist to work in our SE Calgary fabrication and module assembly shop. This position is for February 1st to July 31st with the possibility of extension. The selected candidate will work mainly in the shop office however part of the job function will require time on the shop floor completing QC duties.
The candidate MUST be:
- extremely proficient in excel
- quick learner of software (ACORN piping, NAVIS Works)
- able to read and comprehend piping and structural drawings
- very organized, independent and able to multitask a number of small jobs throughout the day
- able to navigate a working shop environment to perform QC duties and project tracking
- punctual and able to show up to work and perform duties without constant monitoring. We will train the candidate for the specific job functions and expect they will be able to quickly learn the basic requirements and work independently from there.
- have basic knowledge of construction safety
- Support the shop Foreman in QC and clerical work at our SE Calgary location
- Using excel, track the fabrication and progress of multiple piping and assembly jobs
- Prepare reports for non-destructive testing (including marking piping), QC walk downs etc.
- Work with Project Manager to compile QC Data books
- Assist Foreman with QC checks on piping
- Work with material receiving to review and check MRR's
Please note that our facility is located in Sheppard SE industrial park and public transit is not available.
Only candidates that are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Temporary
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Calgary, AB (Required)