Position: Multimedia Journalist
Position Type: Full-time, temporary (February 2021 to July 2021)
Reports to: Managing Editor
Location: Regina, SK
Division: Postmedia Editorial
Postmedia is a Canadian newsmedia company representing more than 125 brands across multiple print, online and mobile platforms. Award-winning journalists and innovative product development teams bring engaging content to millions of people every week whenever and wherever they want it.
This exceptional content, reach and scope offers advertisers and marketers compelling solutions to effectively reach target audiences. We are always on the lookout for talented individuals to join our team.
The Regina Leader-Post is seeking a multimedia journalist to fill a full-time, six-month term vacancy who will help drive superior coverage of issues and events. Excellent reporting and writing skills are required, as well as the ability to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced multimedia news environment.
Working in the Leader-Post newsroom, the successful candidate will be expected to function as a reporter and be heavily involved with our digital products, including videography work, editing and podcast production. Applicants are expected to have excellent news judgment and demonstrable strengths in accurate, clean reporting, and a proven ability to initiate stories and enterprise features.
Candidates must be familiar with emerging digital trends and opportunities, be able to shoot and edit video, and know how to leverage social media and digital platforms to break news and reach audiences. They must be comfortable with filing stories for multiple platforms on tight deadlines, and be keen to learn and experiment to find new ways to tell stories and engage readers.
What you’ll do:
- Report and write stories for print, web and mobile audiences – as well as tailoring content to meet the varying needs of those platforms.
- Shoot, edit video for LeaderPost.com.
- Initiate and develop ideas for enterprise stories and standalone digital projects.
- Cultivate sources and establish expertise in order to break stories and set the news agenda.
- Work as part of digital team to create interactive maps and graphics, searchable databases, and other multimedia elements.
Who you are:
- Experience at a daily news organization in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Fluent in digital platforms, multimedia journalism and social media.
- Able to work quickly and independently, meet multiple deadlines, and make efficient decisions.
- Able to work constructively as part of a newsroom team.
Should you be interested in this opportunity please apply with a cover letter and resume in one document.
Application Deadline: January 17, 2021
We thank in advance all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. Only candidates legally eligible to work in Canada will be considered. No phone calls or agencies please.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all areas of the hiring process. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please make your needs known in advance. Accommodation requests will be provided on an individual basis.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to employment equity and an inclusive barrier-free selection process and work environment. Postmedia Network Inc. encourages applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
Application deadline: 2021-01-17
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary