Maple Leaf Education North America is seeking an enthusiastic and energetic candidate to join our versatile team as an International Recruitment and Admissions Coordinator at our downtown Vancouver Headquarters. Maple Leaf Education North America Ltd (“MLENA”) is a wholly-owned Canadian subsidiary of China Maple Leaf Educational Systems (“CMLES” HKG: 1317). It has a range of educational operations throughout Canada and US, including establishing new independent schools, teacher recruitment initiatives, international and domestic student recruitment, short term tours/camps and other educational initiatives.
Location: MLENA Headquarters @ Downtown Vancouver, BC Canada
Compensation Package: Competitive
Job Profile: The International Recruitment and Admissions Coordinator will be responsible for service-oriented recruitment, admission processing and enrollment advising for prospective domestic and international students who are interested in attending Maple Leaf University Schools in Canada (Including Maple Leaf School-TRU, Maple Leaf School-KPU and the upcoming Maple Leaf School-LakeheadU). As the first point of contact for prospective students and educational agents throughout the recruitment and admissions cycles, IRA Coordinators provide on-the-spot admissions reviews and offers at their discretion during educational, community and professional activities and events locally, nationally and internationally. The IRA Coordinator will provide specific admissions guidance to prospective students and applicants based on an evaluation of students’ needs, prior academic history and future goals. The IRA Coordinator also works with parents and extended family members of prospective students and applicants since our students are usually minors and may be considering leaving their home and country for the first time. The position requires that the IRA Coordinator maintain a high level of knowledge of current educational trends and practices in Canada and around the world, as well as Maple Leaf Global Schools admissions and related policies and procedures. The IRA Coordinator issues official letters; including Offer Letters, Letters of Acceptance and Immigration Letters to qualified students.
For a comprehensive profile and extensive list of duties and responsibilities please request. Prospective candidates will be emailed a detailed job description before interview.
Basic Requirements: University Bachelor’s degree or above; fluent in English with full fluency in another MLENA market language. Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or hold valid work permit under PGWPP (not applied to Current Student Candidate).
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- Excellent verbal and written skills – English and another market language (I.e. Spanish, Portuguese, Farsi, Vietnamese etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the workings of educational agencies and student recruitment (overseas work considered an asset).
- Experience working with high school students, including an understanding of other cultures and the ability to communicate in a cross-cultural working environment.
- Familiarity with different education systems that are within the assigned geographical region. Understanding of the B.C. and other Canadian secondary school systems: graduation, partnerships, and articulated agreements, etc.
- Understands immigration, refugees and Canadian Citizenship requirements for study and work permits.
- Holds a considerable level of computer skills including the use of the Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint), communications programs such as Windows Live and Skype and social media tools such as Twitter, Facebook, etc. As well as the ability to learn software programs that may be used at the University. Proficiency with BANNER or a similar integrated student information system/database preferred
- Demonstrated working knowledge of admission and application processes. Ability to follow established processes and to recommend admission and other business process, practices, policies and procedures for the admissions and service support for perspective students.
- Ability to build and maintain positive, cooperative, and service-oriented relationships with internal and external clients (mainly applicants, educational agents, principals, staff and prospective students), where diversity of situations and people are routinely encountered.
Please respond with current resume and cover letter
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- student recruitment: 2 years (Preferred)
- Vietnamese (Preferred)
- Portuguese (Preferred)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- Farsi (Preferred)