Please submit cover letter and resume to Deborah Petrovitch, Program Manager in person, by fax 250-378-5156 or respond via Indeed.
CLOSING DATE: As soon as position is filled.
The Resource Centre Specialist provides exceptional and accessible front counter services to clients, employers and general public, and administrative support to the Merritt WorkBC office. The RCS ensures a welcoming atmosphere while providing relevant labour market and career information to assist clients in securing sustainable employment or community attachment to meet key performance measures of the Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction (MSDPR).
- Greet and welcome clients responding to inquiries in-person, via telephone, and email
- Ensure clients are aware of available program services and supports related to achieving employment or finding relevant community services
- Engage clients providing program information to determine initial employment needs
- Coordinate case manager and other appointment bookings
- Maintain the self-serve resource area in a neat and tidy manner throughout the day
- Assist clients in locating, understanding and using labour market information and community-based services to effectively support their job search.
- Maintain Job Board postings and job search resources
- Event coordination
- Completion of database administration
- Administrative support to office staff
- Perform any other related undertaking as assigned by the Program Manager
There are no supervisory responsibilities with this position.
- Graduation from Grade 12.
- Completion of a Certificate in Office Administration training or office management.
- Minimum 6 months relevant and recent experience, OR; A strong understanding of the local and provincial labour market need and employment resource materials.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Suite Applications: Windows, Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Ability to accurately manage databases and filing systems.
- Ability to type at 50 w.p.m.
- Ability to prioritize conflicting duties and organize heavy workload.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious relationships with people from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Self motivated and team oriented
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently or within a team
- Wage is $18.50 per hour and based on a 37.5 hour work week
- Extended health benefits included upon completion of 3 month probationary period
- Optional RRSP Matching program up to 5% of annual wage
- Vacation and Sick days accrued from start of employment
Community Futures values diversity and is committed to providing an inclusive work environment. We are looking for qualified individuals who represent, at all job levels, the diversity of the people we serve and encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, individuals of all genders and sexual orientation, origin and ethnic affiliations, disability, age, and religion.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $18.50 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place