Who we are
The Bridal Gallery is a Canadian wedding apparel retailer. We pride ourselves on delivering a best in class shopping experience to our customers, and we hire genuinely great people who are wired the same way. Born in Vancouver and in business for over 30 years, our people are passionate about finding brides the perfect dress and delivering an experience like non-other. Brand integrity, global inspiration and beautiful products are integral to who we are as a company and what we have accomplished to date. Our incredible team is an equally important part of the equation. We believe that each of our employees play a vital role in our continuing efforts to grow and evolve. As an established leader in the bridal & special occasion industry The Bridal Gallery offers a dynamic and busy work environment, and has been voted B.C.'s best bridal store for seven years running.
Who are you
A successful candidate will be someone capable of translating vision into reality. Someone whose focus is on empowering and developing our team to provide the best guest experience possible. Someone who is an innovative, charismatic achiever who is driven by our passion for people, profit, service and exceptional environments. You are building a career that lets you flex some strong entrepreneurial muscle and you know that what you do makes a difference in the world. You have an inherent desire to learn, connect, and create.
A day in the life
- Build a rapport with brides and their families by listening and identifying their individual gown criteria—whether they are looking for a romantic ballgown, a form-fitting mermaid gown, or something in-between.
- Share your knowledge and excitement about the latest haute couture trends in bridal—from neckline styles to allusion backs with equal parts elegance and attitude.
- Tell it like it is in the fitting room, giving tactful, honest feedback and guidance to customers on style, trends and fit.
- Be a great team player by doing your part to keep the department “runway ready,” including stocking, re-merchandising, display, price markdowns, trunk show preparation and light cleaning.
- You lead and coach through the company vision, mission, and core values.
- You prioritizes guest connection and provides world-class guest experience
- You support in facilitating successful trainings, performance/development meetings, and monthly staff meetings
- Effectively resolve sensitive customer issues or concerns within the guidelines of the company policy.
- Help the company achieve financial targets through a strategic approach focused on developing, monitoring and the improvement of measurable statistics that drive the business.
- Model the selling environment, lead by example on sales, product and training in order to ensure the highest level of customer service and sales.
- You support in leading a profitable store by assisting the entire team to achieve the sales plan and customer service level.
- Assist in coordinating and running monthly staff meetings, keeping your team up to date on important product or operational changes and events.
- Place customer orders with suppliers via email/fax/web
- Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with suppliers
- Receive and unbox all incoming customer shipments
- Monitor customer orders and communicate with suppliers to ensure timely delivery
- Monitor and reorder miscellaneous office supplies as needed
- Other administrative duties, as required
Must have skills, competencies, and attributes
- Be able to articulate your point well and in a manor that is received correctly by both supplier, team members and guests.
- Having a large and diverse vocabulary, words flow easily for you in forming conversation.
- You possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- Have the patience to work through challenging situations.
- Strong relationship builder - able to establish both internal and external working relationships in order to identify and implement strategies for business growth
- Strong business management skills – able to balance the rewards of meeting business objectives with the risk of loss of customer, employee, reputation
- Flexibility to work within store operating hours is required
- The successful candidate will be constantly challenged to exceed previous goals and targets and achieve his/her own unique contribution to the company’s succes
- Fashion-conscious and service-oriented
- Sales and metric driven
- Must be a self starter with strong solution oriented thought process
- Build great relationships with customers and co-workers through stellar communication and follow-through.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment thanks to your ace organizational skills and ability to quickly learn new sales techniques and processes.
- Undergraduate degree or diploma (business administration or fashion related discipline a plus).
- 3+ years’ experience as a manager in a service driven environment.
- Proven track record of success.
- Astute with common sense and quick on your feet. Confident in fast-paced, customer-centric environments
- Proficient Microsoft Outlook & Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to manage/work quickly through pos & inventory systems
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40,000.00-$50,000.00 per year
- Commuter benefits
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Why do you want to work at The Bridal Gallery?
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
- Sales: 5 years (preferred)
- Customer service: 5 years (preferred)
- Management: 3 years (preferred)
- English as your first language (preferred)