Brandt is currently seeking an Field Service Technician for our Bampton location.
Do you like technology? Like to be on the cutting edge? Does the idea of working with your hands and working outdoors appeal to you? Looking for a career with a company that advances from within and provides opportunities right across the country? How about an opportunity to grow with a winning team and increase your skillsets with on-the-job training in a clean and professional environment. If this appeals to you, here is a rare opportunity for the right candidate.
This position is responsible for performing installations, calibrations, commissioning, service, and repair of various machine control systems. These machine control systems consist of electronic, mechanical, and hydraulic components and are installed on most makes and models of heavy equipment including but not limited to crawler dozers, motor graders, excavators, skid steers, paving systems, etc. These duties may be performed in the field or in a workshop environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Submission of technician reports and other relevant information based on the type of work completed.
- Internal and external customer phone support.
- Mentoring, training, and supervision of other members of the service team.
- Some travel will be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong customer service orientation and can communicate with customers as required.
- Excellent verbal and listening communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of electrical and hydraulic components and operation.
- Basic knowledge of electronics and computers. Systems operate on a windows-based platform.
- General mechanical knowledge and experience.
- Experience using hand and power tools.
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Shows initiative in learning about our products and customers.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Critical eye for identifying defects and a high attention to detail.
- Commitment to quality and safety.
- Proactive in ensuring job knowledge is current.
- Ability to readily determine the correct tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Valid drivers license
- 2+ years of relevant work experience is an asset.
The Ideal Candidate
- Someone handy that has a proficient knowledge of using tools.
- Someone who is willing to learn a new skill set in a very niche market.
- Someone looking to find work opportunity and personal growth.
- Someone who likes to work outdoors.
- Millwright, Mechanic, Machinery repair technician are all trades that would flourish in the position.
- Someone who wants to work in a much different environment then most trades.
- Someone who learns fast and is interested in always upgrading their skillset.
Discover The Brandt Advantage
When you work for Brandt, we work for you. It’s as simple as that. That means on-the-job education to develop new skills, advancement opportunities, a comprehensive benefits package and more – all backed by unmatched job security.
About the Brandt Group of Companies
The Brandt Group of Companies — headquartered in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada — is a privately owned manufacturing and distribution company that serves a growing international audience in industries such as agriculture, construction, forestry, rail, mining, steel, transportation, material handling, and energy. The company has 5400+ employees and more than 170 locations in Canada, USA, Australia, and New Zealand. Brandt is one of Canada’s largest privately owned companies and is among an elite group of Platinum Club members of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.