Are you a strong communicator, someone who exerts leadership confidence and looking for the opportunity to apply your knowledge into making a difference for tomorrow’s adults, leaders, and innovators? Well, you’re in luck!
We’re looking for tutors to inspire students to reach and achieve their best academic potential through in-home tutoring sessions in the Malton (Mississauga), Ontario, area. Your pairing with the student will be based upon the subject the student needs improvement on and our determination on whether your personality and interests and that of the student can cultivate a professional mentor/pupil relationship.
As a tutor, you will provide tutoring sessions to students enrolled into our various packaged programs through the following responsibilities:
- Provide one-on-one in-home tutoring sessions
- Understand the student’s academic shortcomings to determine root of the problem
- Provide lessons to assess student’s strengths and weaknesses and provide customized guidance to help student understand how to complete those lessons correctly
- Provide encouragement to the student and sympathy to the student’s situation
- Relating to the student’s interests and hobbies
- Plan lessons ahead of the next session
- Update parent(s)/guardian on progress of their child’s (the student’s) improvement
To meet the qualifications of becoming a Tutor Doctor tutor, you must:
- Be 18 years of age or over
- Be authorized to work in Canada (must carry citizenship, permanent resident status, or work visa)
- Undergo a thorough criminal background check
- Not be carrying out tutoring services for another for a competitor of Tutor Doctor
- Be fluent in English
- Have clear verbal and written communication skills and respectful demeanor
- Be punctual and consistently so
- Be available to tutor on weekdays and be prepared to tutor on weekends, if needed
- At least 2 professional references (will be requested during interview)
Preferred (non-mandatory) skills and qualifications include:
- Possessing a driver’s licence and vehicle
- French and foreign language skills
- Resident of the Greater Toronto Area (GTA)
Please note, that this will be an independent contractor position. Should you be accepted as a tutor and should you choose to accept this role, you will officially be engaged in self-employment.
As tutors for English or math will be in most demand, we encourage, but not require, prospective tutors to be proficient in being able to apply and teach English or math within the elementary to high school range. However, because Tutor Doctor also specialises in other subjects, if you're passionate about teaching other subjects (i.e. computer science, biology, chemistry, physics, history, French, etc.), we welcome your application as well! Tutor Doctor also tutors students of all ages (including adults). However, a parent or legal guardian must be present in the home to supervise the session when tutoring a student under the age of 18.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $17.00 to $18.00 /hour
- Secondary School (Required)