Lead Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT)
Come and enjoy the East Coast Lifestyle, but city living!
Metro Animal Emergency Clinicis located in beautiful Dartmouth; NS (known as the city of lakes) and we are looking for a Lead RVT to join our amazing, diverse & growing team!
Metro Animal Emergency Clinic was established in 1997 and is the only private veterinary hospital in Nova Scotia to exclusively offer emergency and critical veterinary care. Our member relationships with many veterinary hospitals in the Halifax Regional Municipality and surrounding area allow for experienced and immediate 24/7 emergency and critical veterinary care for pets.
As the Lead RVT, you will play a pivotal role in guiding and mentoring our team of veterinary technicians. Your expertise and leadership will be instrumental in maintaining our practice's exceptional standards and fostering a collaborative and supportive environment. Your contributions will directly impact the growth and development of our veterinary professionals within the MAEC family.
In addition to leading the team, you will have the opportunity to be an integral part of our vibrant work culture. We strongly emphasize camaraderie, providing ample support and resources to ensure your success in the Lead RVT role.
If you are a dedicated and experienced RVT looking to take the next step in your career as a leader, MAEC is the ideal place for you.
- Animal Health Technician / Veterinary Technician Diploma
- 3+ Years Experience in an ER setting
- Good standing with their provincial regulatory association
- You lead with honesty, transparency, and ethical behavior.
- You listen actively, provide support, and create a supportive and inclusive environment.
- Ability to make informed decisions and comfortable taking risks when necessary.
- Flexible and adaptable in the face of change
- Help to lead, mentor, and collaborate with our team of skilled RVTs.
- Be a cheerleader and celebrate the successes daily of your team.
- Support the practice manager/medical director to identify areas of improvement.
· Develop and maintain the master schedule for our team of Registered Veterinary Technicians (RVTs).
· Collaborate with RVTs and other team members to ensure coverage for all shifts and assignments.
· Efficiently manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
· Maintain a high level of attention to detail to ensure accuracy and precision in all tasks performed.
· Demonstrate exceptional time management skills by meeting deadlines and completing assignments in a timely manner.
· Coordinate and collaborate with team members to ensure smooth workflow and project execution.
· Conduct thorough quality checks and reviews to guarantee the delivery of high-quality work.
· Proactively identify opportunities for process improvement and implement efficient solutions.
· Adapt quickly to changing priorities and remain focused under pressure.
· Maintain a professional and positive attitude while working in a dynamic and demanding environment.
· Previous experience in providing feedback and conducting performance reviews is preferred.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to deliver feedback effectively and respectfully.
· Strong attention to detail, with the ability to identify and articulate specific areas for improvement.
· Ability to remain objective and impartial while assessing performance.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport and establish trust with team members.
· Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
· Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
· A positive and empathetic approach to coaching and supporting team members.
· Remain open to feedback and be coachable to best support the team.
· Identify development and training opportunities for the technician team and be able to work with the practice manager/medical director to plan them.
· Represent the team to make sure that they feel heard, and that their perspective is visible during leadership discussions.
· Always representing a gold standard of care and supporting the team to do the same by adhering to the SOPs and MAEC’s best practices.
- Competitive compensation package
- Flexible Schedule
- Annual Performance Reviews and ability to develop in your profession.
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- Generous Continuing Education allowance.
· Paid Time Off
· Paid Holidays
· Medical, Dental, and Vision care
· AMAZING discount
· And much more!!
All interested candidates, please apply online or submit your CV to Marni Hill - Recruiter for MAEC
MAEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are diverse in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disabled status, or genetic information. We are creating an environment for all qualified applicants, where everyone, from any background, can do their best work.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
- Do you have at least 3 years of ER experience working as a Registered Veterinary Technician?
Work Location: In person