Do you want to work in a dynamic environment and make a difference to both people and planet?
Are you looking for an opportunity to apply your technical and fabrication skills? As a CNC router operator / assembler at RBR, you will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic team including mechanical engineering, production and supply chain. The CNC router operator / assembler will be a hands-on problem solver who has the ability to work independently, take responsibility and produce high quality product. As part of small team, you must be dedicated, an effective communicator, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
RBR creates instruments to measure the blue planet. From the ocean abyss to the polar ice cap, our sensors track water parameters such as temperature, depth, salinity, dissolved gases, and many others. RBR equipment enables researchers to develop innovative measurement solutions that are deployed in the surf zone, mounted on underwater drones, dropped out of planes, towed behind boats, and sent to the bottom of the deep, dark ocean.
Over the last five years, we've grown 20% annually and are now 50+ people. We've been recognised twice by Growth 500 and have won a Best Ottawa Business Award.
We provide a balanced work environment complete with a very competitive compensation package.
Come join us!
- Set up and operate CNC routing machine;
- Machine parts to specification;
- Verify settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces;
- Perform inspection of machined products;
- Maintains safe work environment by adhering to safety procedures and maintaining a clean work area;
- Perform basic maintenance and upkeep of equipment and working environment;
- Detect and report defective materials or questionable conditions;
- Perform assembly / fabrication of shipping cases in a timely manner;
- Assist with packing / shipping of finished products;
- Assist with day-to-day warehouse duties (i.e cycle counts, receiving etc.).
- Minimum of 2 to 5 years of similar experience of progressive responsibility;
- Experience operating a CNC router table - Mach 3 controller software experience an asset;
- Working knowledge/skills using CAD/CAM Software;
- Self starter; able to plan working tasks around a busy schedule with minimal input;
- Able to lift over 50lbs on a daily basis;
- Takes responsibility for the quality of their work;
- Attention to detail, tolerance and material finish;
- Knowledge of appropriate speeds/feed for various materials. (foam, wood, plastics);
- Experience with different types of cutting tools;
- Proficient with the use of power and hand tools;
- Experience building / fabricating / assembling.
To apply, you must prepare a cover letter that references RBR, how you are uniquely qualified for this role, what makes you exceptional and what will make you an outstanding part of the RBR team.
Job Type: Full-time