Join the Acden Team!
Proactive? ProACDEN! Safety is our top priority. No matter how big or small the task is.
In Acden, every job is a big job, and we know just how important each individual contribution is. That’s why we strive to make you feel valued.
Temporary Landfill Equipment Operator – AE-2023-042
This temporary position is expected to end on or before December 31, 2023.
Acden Environment Limited Partnership is seeking one (1) Temporary Landfill Equipment Operator to join its Cenovus Sunrise site located north of Fort McMurray, Alberta. The schedule will consist of 14 on, 14 off; 12-hour day shifts; however, schedules, shifts and site locations may change from time to time to meet operational requirements. Flight and camp accommodations will be provided through the client from designated hubs in Edmonton and Calgary, Alberta. Local candidates can take the bus to and from site at the beginning and end of their rotation and will be required to stay in camp for the duration of their shift.
What will the role entail?
- Operate various equipment including; Excavator, Wheel Loader, Bulldozer and Compactor for servicing and maintaining the landfill.
- Perform area maintenance duties such as but not limited to; minor repairs to roads/pads, snow removal and litter pick up.
- Complete thorough pre-trip and post-trip inspections on heavy equipment.
- Report and document deficiencies to immediate Supervisor.
- Complete leachate level measurements and underdrain sampling; Collect and deliver water samples, utilize water pump, and relocate pump with 25lb hoses to various high-level water areas.
- Operate Skid Steer and Zoom Boom to reposition and relocate waste bins.
- Receive and sort metal and wood for disposal, prepare for removal from landfill.
- Ensure that housekeeping and cleanliness of worksite and equipment are sustained.
- What are the job qualifications?
- Certified Landfill Operator in Alberta’s Landfill Operator Certification Program is required.
- Valid Class 1 or 3 licence with airbrake endorsement is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ commercial driving experience is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience operating an Excavator is required.
- Five (5) years’ experience operating heavy equipment (Loader, Bulldozer, Compactor) is preferred.
- Successfully pass driver’s evaluation and obtain clearance on mandatory pre-employment drug, alcohol, hearing and physical abilities testing.
- Eligible to work at all Oil Sand sites within the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo is required.
- Physically fit to perform all necessary duties of the job.
What’s in it for you?
- A safety focused environment.
- A 14/14 schedule that allows for work/life balance.
- Possibility to be considered for a permanent position, if available.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- Participate in Acden’s comprehensive group benefits plan which includes health, dental, vision, long-term, and life insurance upon successful completion of waiting period.
- Opportunity to participate in Acden’s RRSP Contribution Matching Program upon successful completion of waiting period.
If you are interested to learn more about us, visit our website at www.acden.com/careers.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate has been found. Thank you to all who apply for your interest in working with us. Please note, only those selected for preliminary interviews will be contacted.
Acden is an indigenous-owned organization, as such, applicants are invited to indicate if they identify as a member of a Canadian Indigenous Group (i.e. Status First Nations, Non-Status First Nations, Métis, or Inuit). Acden is owned by the Athabasca Chipewyan First Nation (ACFN). We invite ACFN members to please specify if you are a member of the ACFN.
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: From $36.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Driving: 3 years (preferred)
- Excavator: 5 years (preferred)
- Class 1 or 3 Driver's License with Airbrake endorsement (preferred)
- Alberta Landfill Operator Certification (preferred)
Work Location: In person