Catalyst Paper is western North America's largest producer of mechanical printing paper and manufactures a broad range of high quality products ideally suited to our times. With mills in Western Canada, Catalyst serves a global customer base that includes retailers, publishers and commercial printers. We are recognized for our industry-leading customer service and a focus on environmental sustainability demonstrated by partnerships and certifications that underscore our commitment. Catalyst offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, and the unique opportunity to advance your career in an innovative and dynamic business that values great ideas and rewards performance.
We have immediate openings for Journeyman Millwrights at our Crofton, Port Alberni and Powell River divisions. The Millwright is an integral member of the Maintenance department and is responsible for installing, maintaining, repairing, troubleshooting and, when necessary, dismantling machinery, conveyor systems, pulleys, mechanical clutches, gear boxes, hydraulic and pneumatic control systems. Work requires practical skill and knowledge and journey-level skill as a Millwright. Vibration analysis skills would be an asset. The hourly rate for this position is $37.80.
As part of the maintenance team, you will:
- Live up to the highest level of safety and environmental compliance. This means demonstrating the courage to care — which includes being fully accountable for one’s actions, watching out for fellow employees, and confronting unsafe actions or conditions that could lead to personal harm
- Enjoy the environment and camaraderie of working in a team of Journeyman trades people
- Establish and implement preventative & operational maintenance activities
- Support manufacturing operations to locate and diagnose defects in paper/pulp production equipment
- Perform incidental tasks as required to complete the larger task
- Complete required preventive maintenance at defined intervals on all mechanical equipment
- Work with other trades in a flexible team environment to achieve greater efficiency and productivity.
- Support our drive for enhanced performance and improved quality and efficiency
A self-starter and dedicated team player, you have:
- BC, AB or Inter-Provincial Millwright certificate of qualification
- Proven troubleshooting skills
- Superior interpersonal and coaching capabilities
- The ability to work flexibly
- A valid driver’s license
Short-listed candidates will be asked to provide proof of credentials.Relocation assistance is provided for successful applicants moving to our communities.
If you would like to join us for a strong future together, and you meet the requirements above, please apply without delay. Please note only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time