This position is responsible to deliver a variety of outdoor/environmental education programs to youth groups, school groups and the general public at GRCA Nature Centres and parks. This may include summer camp programming and specialized audience programming in addition to elementary and secondary school programs. This position will be expected to work during the week, weekends and/or evenings depending on the schedule. This position will be based primarily at Guelph Lake Nature Centre with the requirement to be willing and able to work at Laurel Creek and Shade’s Mills Nature Centres on an as needed basis.
1. Deliver curriculum linked outdoor education programs to school groups of all ages on an as needed basis.
2. Program delivery to youth groups such as cubs and brownies, birthday/party groups and programs for the general public including park visitor programs on weekends and evenings as needed.
3. Deliver summer environmental day camps as needed
4. Help maintain teaching equipment materials and facilities and provide administrative support when required.
1. Strong communication and interpersonal skills (public speaking/teaching skills).
2. Experience and or training in nature interpretation, environmental teaching or outdoor education.
3. Knowledge of GRCA operations and programs.
4. Basic computer skills.
5. Proven commitment to providing excellent customer service
6. Demonstrated competency with basic outdoor/environmental education equipment (e.g., snowshoes, microscopes, hip waders, GPS units, etc.).
7. Knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Act.
8. CPR and First Aid Certified required
9. A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is required
10. Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
The pay range for this position is Job Level 3 $19.26 to $24.09 per hour. The hours of work will vary based on program bookings and will be primarily weekdays, evenings and/or weekends as required.
Approximate Start Date: March 2020
To Apply: Please send a resume and covering letter inMS Word or PDF format and quote “Interpretive Program Guide #217” in the subject line.
Deadline for Applications: 4:00pm Friday February 21, 2020
Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: $19.26 /hour
- outdoor education and/or nature interpretation: 1 year (Required)