Analyst, Performance Measurement and Reporting (12-month contract), Evaluations & International Assessment – Burnaby, BC
Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada (CPA Canada) represents the Canadian accounting profession, both nationally and internationally. Operating in the highly complex and global accounting eco-system, CPA Canada is a convener, facilitator, contributor and disseminator of information that advances the profession. The organization works closely with the provincial, territorial and Bermudan CPA bodies to champion best practices that benefit business and society. With more than 217,000 members, CPA Canada is one of the largest national accounting bodies in the world. The organization supports the setting of accounting, auditing and assurance standards, advocates for economic and social development in the public interest, and develops leading-edge thought leadership, research, guidance and educational programs.
About the opportunity
As an Analyst at CPA Canada, you will undertake the responsibilities of database application development and testing, data processing and data mining of the enterprise level of data that support the performance measurement and reporting functions of the department. This position will also participate in the database design, ad hoc queries, data integrity functions, as well as the routine reporting processes.
What you’ll do
In this role you will:
- Prototyping and programming database applications
- Automating manual processes
- System testing the database design parts
- Documenting development requirements
What we’re looking for
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with specialized courses in database. Courses in information systems, mathematics, and/or applied statistics would be an asset
- Solid programming skills (e.g. SQL, VBA in MS Access) and business intelligence concept
- Solid knowledge in object-oriented design
- Working knowledge in MS Office in particular, MS Access and MS Excel would be an asset
- Results and customer oriented, with the ability to work collaboratively in a project-team environment
- Positive attitude and reliable
- Strong quantitative, analytical, technical and problem-solving skills
What it’s like to work here
With a diverse workforce and a commitment to health and wellness for its employees, CPA Canada is a great place to work. The organization offers a flexible and balanced environment that allows individuals to maximize professional and personal development. CPA Canada employs over 400 people, with its headquarters in Toronto and other offices in Burnaby, Ottawa and Montreal Our technology-enabled culture is designed to attract qualified people and enable them to do their best work. Contract employee perks include competitive salaries, access to professional development programs, flexible working hours and opportunities to work from home, regular social events and a highly successful employee volunteer program. In addition, CPA Canada is dedicated to continual improvement and building a high-performing, innovative organization that creates value for members and other stakeholders.
We create a collaborative and constructive culture by:
- Acting with Integrity • Fostering Excellence • Respecting Others • Working Collaboratively • Being Accountable
CPA Canada is committed to cultivating and inclusive, accessible environment, where each employee feels respected, valued and supported. All qualified individuals may apply online. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate in our recruitment process, please make a note of this in your application and we’ll be happy to work with you to meet your needs.