Fantastic Summer Physics Teaching Opportunity!
The Princeton Review is now hiring Physics Instructors. Join our team and share your expertise to help students reach their goals!
The Princeton Review is Canada’s leader in standardized test preparation because we put our students first! We are looking for highly skilled and motivated Physics instructors for our MCAT program in Vancouver, Burnaby, and Surrey.
The MCAT is a computer-based standardized exam that tests students on their mastery of science concepts and critical-thinking skills. Our programs are team taught by experts in each of the subject areas on the exam: Biology, Organic Chemistry, General Chemistry, Physics, Critical Analysis and Reasoning Skills, and Psychology/Sociology.
This is an ideal position for those who have teaching experience and a strong background and/or knowledge in first year undergraduate level physics topics. Whether you are a TA, sessional, adjunct faculty member, science teacher, medical student, or exceptional senior undergraduates – we want to hear from you!
Most of our course schedules run from early May to late July. Our most popular schedules are on weekday mornings, though we do have a few weekday evening and weekend schedules.
Each MCAT Physics instructor will teach 6 x 3 hour classes per course, in addition to some paid administrative work (student communication, prep time).
- Build your teaching skills and resume
- Our compensation is competitive and includes paid training, admin work, and prep time
- Textbooks and lessons plans are provided; no marking required!
- Flexible scheduling with rotating team-taught courses
- Additional professional development opportunities: private tutoring, online teaching, content development, and teacher training
- We are looking for inspiring and enthusiastic teachers!
- Relevant university degree or equivalent background
- Teaching, TA-ing, or tutoring experience in a university setting is preferred
- Successful completion of our rigorous TPR Instructor Certification Program
- Excellent presentation and oral/communication skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to exercise judgment and work independently
- Ability to manage and prioritize student needs and job responsibilities
- Ability to work during the day over the summer at least 1-2 mornings per week is strongly preferred
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as below:
- Apply at https://www.princetonreview.com/corporate/careers/teach-for-princeton-review
- Indicate that you found the posting on Indeed
- Please report your official MCAT score from AAMC, if applicable
- You will be asked to write a short multiple-choice qualifying content test
Job Type: Part-time
- teaching: 1 year (Preferred)