At Lowe’s Canada, over 26,000 employees let their passion blossom every day. Our teams are driven by the desire to help people bring their projects to life and are committed to making a difference in the communities we serve.
We operate or service more than 470 corporate and affiliated dealer stores. With a distinctive product and service offering and complementary store formats ranging from neighbourhood hardware stores to big box stores, our Lowe’s, RONA, Reno-Depot, and Dick’s Lumber banners are always looking for dedicated associates to help meet the needs of all DIYers and contractors.
You’ve got the talent? We’ve got the tools! Here, your work and ideas will contribute to building a flourishing organization. Your voice will always be heard and valued. You’ll find career opportunities that live up to your ambitions and be able to further develop your unique set of skills.
So if you’re looking to do what you love, and to grow and evolve within our family—one of the best employers in Canada according to a recent Forbes survey—we could be perfect for each other.
The Assistant Store Manager leads a team of associates who work together to ensure our customers receive exceptional service while shopping in a clean, safe, well-stocked store. The Assistant Store Manager is accountable for achieving sales and margin goals while driving operational efficiencies and maximizing overall customer satisfaction with the Lowe’s in-store experience. At times, the Assistant Store Manager is expected to provide full leadership over the store.
The Assistant Store Manager collaborates with peers on the store leadership team as well as the District Manager and Area support staff to assess the needs of our customers and develop the best methods for achieving service, sales, and operational objectives.
- Manages all inventory, merchandising, sales and customer service activities in departments such as Lawn and Garden, Electrical, Plumbing, Hardware, Tools, and Pro
- Drives execution of Installed Sales, Special Order Sales (SOS), and Pro Sales across assigned departments
- Ensures associates pursue sales leads and generate the right amount and type of leads
- Identifies any barriers to superior service and communicates those barriers as well as the solutions in a timely manner
- Drives execution of Pro sales and service activities; this includes taking steps to study the Pro business (sales targets, comp, penetration, credit, local market trends) and providing direction/ feedback/ideas to the Pro Department Supervisor to ensure the store is driving Pro account sales as well as a fast and convenient in-store experience for the Pro customer
- Maintains relationships with the store’s top Pro accounts and local Pro Sales Manager (where applicable)
- Teaches and demonstrates effective use of Lowe’s selling and service model
- Models the behaviors that are needed to deliver SMART customer service, maintain an in-stock position, and keep the store clean and safe for customers
- Interviews, selects, develops and provides direct leadership over a team that support product categories in assigned area
- Adhering to company safety policies and procedures while working.
- Bachelor's degree in related field (in asset)
- 3 years of experience leading associates in a retail environment.
- 1 years of experience leading a performing sales team with direct reporting responsibility in retail, business to business, outside sales, or consumer service industry.
- Knowledge of product categories (e.g., flooring, cabinets, appliances)
- Experience working in a fast-paced, cross-functional work environment.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.