Reach is a fast growing ecommerce acceleration platform headquartered in Calgary, AB.
POSITION: Head of Marketing
LOCATION: Calgary or Vancouver
REPORTING TO: COO
REACH’s Head of Marketing will be responsible for developing and communicating REACH’s overall brand, resulting in business growth for all opportunities for REACH including channel partnerships, ecommerce value chain relationships, merchant adoption and more. This person is a multifaceted marketer who is exceptional at all aspects of marketing from building a brand to product engagement. This person is excited to bring new products to market, loves to delight customers, and is passionate about putting new ideas into action. The Head of Marketing at REACH will oversee all aspects of brand marketing and communications including but not limited to: brand strategy, storytelling, PR, product marketing, sales marketing, communications, and more. The ideal candidate will understand ecommerce and will have had experience working in or with the ecommerce vertical.
The Head of Marketing will be responsible for building brand awareness and communicating REACH’s mission and message to the marketplace to multiple personas within the ecommerce industry. This includes developing a strategic plan to address audiences that are or will become users of the REACH ecommerce platform. It is expected this person will be able to quickly take action on the strategy laid out by the company leadership.
- Design and build overall marketing division inclusive of technology and agency needs that will ensure exponential growth and adoption of REACH.
- Develop overall brand and communications strategy on behalf of REACH that addresses all marketplace opportunities inclusive of industry awareness and coupled with B2B product adoption.
- Develop clear messaging around REACH’s value proposition and offering and create a smart and efficient marketing and communications plan to reach multiple audiences across multiple industries.
- Develop target markets and personas for marketing and communications purposes.
- Develop industry-specific press and media strategies to showcase REACH as a game-changing technology that enhances business opportunities for ecommerce companies.
- Build relationships with the press and media community across multiple industries that expand REACH’s marketplace awareness and adoption.
- Create a social media and content marketing strategy and budget that builds awareness, drives engagement and maps back to measurable growth and usage by ecommerce companies.
- Partner with sales and executive leadership to develop brand collateral that will help meet and exceed company-wide goals.
- Manage and budget for any third party marketing relationships that may include technology vendors, writers, agencies and other.
Examples of the Areas that Head of Marketing will work on, execute, or improve
- Online presence, including Social Media, SEO, website, knowledge database, advertising, content creation, and more.
- Analog presence, including Community conversations, Merchant Advisory Board, PR meetings, events, conferences, meetups, and the like
- Documentation (physical and digital)
- Employee advocacy program
What you bring to the table
- Significant experience working in brand and product marketing and communications
- Expertise in total lifecycle management of third party vendors
- Experience managing a scalable marketing budget
- Knowledge and experience leveraging all aspects of traditional and new media for marketing and communications purposes
- Expertise in identifying and managing 3rd party vendors and relationships that aid in company and marketplace growth
- Outstanding communication skills. We have many remote team members, and communication (both verbal and written) at our company is key to success
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external teams on consistent brand look and feel - experience in design is helpful
- Experience leveraging B2B social media platforms and contributor platforms for thought leadership, brand awareness, and growth
- Understanding of how to build brand through content marketing, events and SEO
- Experience marketing technology platforms, new technologies and/or platform solutions a plus
- Curious, confident, and creative in your approach to problems
- A champion and advocate to others, always being inclusive and open-minded to everyone’s ideas
- An innovator by nature - you can embrace and ignite change
- With an outgoing personality and confidence-inspiring attitude, you work well with others and have self-awareness
- Nimble in fast-moving work environments, you thrive in an entrepreneurial setting
REACH is made up of innovative hard workers who know how to put ideas into action. The company is the right fit for those that get passionate about their work and thrive when they are part of a growing business. REACH is built for those who have strong skills and abilities and also respect the ideas and opinions or others. REACH values leaders and employees who get excited about making the most out of their role at the company.
Job Type: Full-time
- Marketing: 3 years (Preferred)
- Calgary, AB (Preferred)