TITLE OF THE POSITION: Personal Support Worker
Immediate supervisor: Manager
Schedule: 42 hours/week (6:00pm - 6:00am)
DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION:
The role of the health care attendant is to provide care to the residents of Darlington Manor. Help residents with their physical, emotional social and spiritual needs. Help to create and maintain family type of environment by socialising with residents and in offering care and supervision in taking into consideration each person’s particular needs. Administers medication to the residents according to the protocol of the Manor. Keeps residents’ rooms clean and orderly. Follows the list of tasks to complete each day according to the shift worked.
CURRENT TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Helps residents with their daily activities.
· Maintains good relations with the residents, their families, work colleagues, visitors and the representatives of the agencies providing services to the residents.
· Follows the lists of daily tasks to complete, depending on the shift being worked.
· Reviews the report of activities from the employees of the previous shift and provides a documented report to the employees on there leaving shift.
· Prepares, documents and distributes medication to residents as per the protocol in effect.
· Promotes and puts into practice good work habits related to health, safety and cleanliness.
· Respects confidentiality standards as relates to residents, their families as well as the business of the Manor.
· Respects the standards and policies of Darlington Manor.
N.B. These are but the major responsibilities of the position; other related duties may be assigned from time to time. Furthermore, the employer reserves the right to modify the responsibilities as a result of changes in the organization of the work.
Have or obtain (after 1 year of hire) a diploma or certificate in a program recognized by the Department of Social Development, or an equivalent practical experience.
Demonstrate the facility and creativity to care for the residents and to respond to their needs. Keep the Manor clean and tidy for the residents, their families and the visitors.
Respect the confidentiality of the information that is processed.
Have good work habits and be punctual.
Be conscious of the quality of their work and the satisfaction of internal and external customers.
Part-time hours: 42 per week
Expected start date: 2021-01-14
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Pay: $13.95 per hour
- 12 hour shift
- Night shift
- Will train: 1 year (Preferred)
- Dalhousie, NB (Preferred)
- First Aid, CPR Certification (Preferred)