Employment and Social Development Canada - Benefit Delivery Services Branch
Boucherville (Québec), Longueuil (Québec)
$57,430 to $61,877
For further information on the organization, please visit Employment and Social Development Canada
11 June 2020 - 23:59, Pacific Time
Who can apply:
Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request special accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
Information on accommodation for persons with disabilities
When you apply to this selection process, you are not applying for a specific job, but to an inventory for future vacancies. As positions become available, applicants who meet the qualifications may be contacted for further assessment.
The Government of Canada is committed to building a skilled workforce that is representative of Canada's diversity, which includes the recruitment of Canadian Veterans and released Canadian Armed Forces personnel.
We encourage applicants to identify any skills, competencies and/or experiences they acquired through a career with the Canadian Armed Forces.
YOU ARE THE PERSON WE ARE LOOKING FOR IF :
- You wish to help people in need;
- You have an excellent sense of customer service;
- You enjoy investigating and collecting relevant information to render a decision;
- You are concerned with fairly applying the laws and the regulations;
- You are interested in joining a dynamic, inclusive and welcoming team.
By joining this team, you will evolve within a stimulating environment, where the heart of our mission is the service to citizens. As a BENEFITS OFFICER you will, among other things, be responsible for:
- Reviewing and analyzing applications for benefit payments;
- Conducting varied research with clients and employers to gather information, validate facts and discrepancies, and process applications in accordance with procedures and guidelines;
- Rendering payment decisions with respect to eligibility and entitlement to benefits by means of applying applicable acts, regulations and jurisprudence
- Responding to enquiries from various stakeholders and the general public on all aspects of Employment Insurance;
- Participating in the exchange of constructive ideas with the purpose of continuous improvement during team meetings.
The site is:
The work environment is:
- Located in the Harmonie district, which is composed of commercial, residential and green spaces (including an artificial lake);
- Facing a rest area including a picnic table, patio swing, and several nearby restaurants;
- Easily accessible by car via highways 20 and 132 or public transit via various bus routes;
- In proximity to multiple bicycle paths;
- Characterized by a large and free parking area including bicycle racks;
- Characterized by bright space and recent furniture inside a contemporary building;
- Renowned for a dynamic Recognition and Well-being Committee.
Please note that this process will ONLY be used to staff positions in Boucherville, Quebec with the possibility to work temporarily in Longueuil, Québec at the following address: 1195 Chemin du Tremblay #100, Longueuil, QC. Applicants are encouraged to apply ONLY if they are able to work in Boucherville and/or Longueuil.
The first group of applicants will be assessed in July - August 2018 and the assessments can take place during the day, evening or weekend. It is your responsibility to make yourself available for all testing and interview dates for which you will be invited.
Intent of the process
A pool of qualified candidates will be created for part-time and/or full time (from 30 to 37.50 hours per week), temporary positions in the short term, seasonal, permanent or acting appointments at the Employment Insurance Processing Centre. This appointment process may be used to staff similar positions within Service Canada.
Positions to be filled:
Number to be determined
Information you must provide
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
Secondary school diploma or employer-approved alternatives (a satisfactory score on the PSC test approved as an alternative to a secondary school diploma; or an acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience).
Experience* in delivering services or programs to the general public involving obtaining and providing information requiring explanation or clarification.
Experience* in interpreting and applying legislation or policies.
- Experience of approximately one year, during the last three years.
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
Various language requirements
Bilingual imperative BBB/BBB
Information on language requirements
Second Language Writing Skills Self-Assessment
In order to help you decide if you should apply to a bilingual position, an optional self-assessment of your writing skills in your second official language is available for you to take before completing your application.
For more information, please consult:
Unsupervised Internet Test of Second Language Writing Skills
COMPETENCIES AND PERSONAL SUITABILITY
The following may be applied / assessed at a later date (may be needed for the job)
Experience in conducting client interviews
At Employment and Social Development Canada, diversity is our strength. If you’re a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a visible minority and are interested in bringing in different perspectives and insights, let us know by completing the Employment Equity (EE) section in your application. Appointments of members of these EE groups could be made to ensure our workforce is inclusive and representative of the Canadian public we serve.
Willing and able to work overtime as required.
Willing and able to travel for training purposes.
Willing and able to work on shift work.
Conditions of employment
Reliability Status security clearance
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the targeted groups when you apply.
Information on employment equity
ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE SENT.
In this selection process, we intend to communicate with applicants by email.
- to provide a valid email address
- that this address accept messages from unknown users (include our address)
- to check your email regularly
A security check will be administered.
Candidates are entitled to participate in the appointment process in the official language of their choice. Applicants are asked to indicate on their application their preferred official language for each of the following: a) exam, b) correspondence, and c) interview.
Preference will be given to veterans and to Canadian citizens, in that order.
Information on the preference to veterans
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.