Health Care Aide - TEMP
Cypress Line 11 - 18hrs every 2 weeks
Shift pattern is as follows:
Week 1: N/A
Week 2: Fri, Sat, Sun - (3.45pm - 9.45pm)
Internal applicant deadline is 25th July 2023
Please email your resume to [email protected] with the subject line Cypress Line 11
Do your life’s best work with us!
CBI Health is dedicated to improving the lives of both our clients and our health care team members. As you care for others, CBI Health will care for you by providing the Personal Protective Equipment (E.g. gloves, masks, eye protection) , training and resources that you need to feel confident every day.
We’re committed to making a difference in people’s lives – and that starts with yours. You’ll enjoy a flexible schedule that allows you to achieve your goals at work and at home, with a balance of teamwork and independence. We have a team of Supervisors and motivated colleagues who are excited to meet and support you!
About this opportunity
Based out of CBI Home Health Services, a division of CBI Health Group in Location, you will provide quality, patient-centered care to our clients. As a Health Care Aide, you will help patients with the activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, meal preparation and light household duties.
Take an inside look at what you’ll do each day
- Provide personal care to patients proactively and with compassion.
- Assist with daily living activities, such as grooming, dressing and bathing.
- Plan and prepare meals.
- Help with patient mobility and transfers.
Perform light household duties, such as cleaning, laundry and washing dishes.
What you need to be successful
- Health Care Aide Certificate.
- Alberta HCA Directory Registration
- Current CPR and First Aid Certificate.
- Clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening within the last 6 months.
- Evidence of a negative TB test within the last 12 months and an up-to-date immunization record
- Availability to work every other weekend.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- No experience required but is considered an asset
What CBI Health offers you
- Continuous learning and skills development, including management opportunities
- Training and mentoring from a national network of experts
- Competitive compensation with comprehensive benefits and rewards package, including group health, dental and vision benefits,
- Excellent administrative support, so you can focus on your patients
- Flexible hours, which allow work-life balance and focus on quality of life
- Shift differentials and portability consideration
Are you an HCA graduate that completed an AB HCA program between January 1st – June 20th, 2022? If so, you may be eligible for the AB HCA Bursary Program. Check out the link below:
For millions of Canadians, CBI Health is where better begins. We are Canada’s leading community healthcare provider, reliably delivering innovative rehabilitation and home care programs that help our clients achieve their health goals. With 250+ locations and supporting more than 800 communities, people are at the heart of what we do. Every day, all across the country, our 13,000 staff work together to make a meaningful difference in our clients’ lives and help shape healthcare for the better. Learn more at cbihealth.ca
CBI Health is committed to providing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where everyone feels safe and accepted as their authentic selves. We actively seek qualified candidates who share our commitment to equity and inclusion and contribute to the diversification of ideas and perspectives that help us innovate and provide the best possible care to our clients.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristics that make each of us different.