Reporting to the Superintendent, AECO Operations the successful candidate will ensure the safe, reliable and efficient operation of the Gas Storage and field facilities. This position requires a self-motivated, hands-on individual with strong team and analytical skills.
Note: This position is located at our Countess location, near Hussar, Alberta. The successful candidate must reside within one hour of the plant site.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Hands on troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of electrical and instrumentation issues and equipment while identifying opportunities for improvement and optimization.
- Maintain all plant and field processing equipment utilizing SCADA control systems.
- Maintain superior records and documentation standards throughout the plant and field areas.
- Responsible for maintenance, calibration, repair of all instrumentation and electrical equipment.
- Understands and performs safety responsibilities such as hazard identification, equipment lockout, emergency response, implement safe work procedures, etc.
- Ensure compliance with environmental and safety regulatory requirements. Responsible for corrective action if required.
- Ensure effective communication with operations, maintenance and management staff.
- Ongoing performance improvement including job progression, site-specific training, equipment training, etc.
- Willing to work extra hours and be on call when required.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Candidate must poses instrumentation and electrical qualifications and or work history with a minimum of 5+ years experience in the oil & gas industry. Formal training in both instrumentation and electrical would definitely be an asset.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Team player with strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills required, as well proven trouble shooting and analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills required in programming and configuration of Allen-Bradley Control logix PLC’s, Fisher Roc’s, HMI software such as Iconics, Intellution, Roc Links, Rslogics, Windows 7 operating systems, OPC based equipment, hart communications, Foundation Fieldbus, MS Word, Excel & PVR.
- Proven ability to work and maintain such equipment as compressor controls both pneumatic and electronic, PLC HMI equipment hardware and software, valve repair, motor controls, switch gear, VFD’s, transmitters and process equipment, Scada equipment, and good understanding of computer hardware and network equipment, and radio equipment.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and has the ability to work independently when required.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn equipment maintenance and calibration requirements.
- Open on taking on new challenges in a changing operation.
AECO Gas Storage is a subsidiary of Rockpoint Gas Storage. Rockpoint Gas Storage is the largest independent owner and operator of natural gas storage in North America, with strategically located assets in key natural gas producing and consuming regions. Rockpoint Gas Storage owns and operates multiple facilities, including the AECO Hub(TM) and Warwick in Alberta, Canada; Wild Goose and Lodi in California; Salt Plains in Oklahoma and 50% of Tres Palacios in Texas. In total, Rockpoint Gas Storage owns or contracts approximately 300 Bcf of gas storage capacity. Please visit www.rockpointgs.com for more information.
To apply for this position please visit our website and check out our careers page to send your cover letter & resume to us.
For more information about Rockpoint Gas Storage, visit our website at www.rockpointgs.com
Rockpoint Gas Storage is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace; all candidates who are authorized to work in the country in which the job opportunity is located are welcome to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Rockpoint Gas Storage; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Instrumentation and Electrical: 5 years (Preferred)