The Quality Manager‘s primary function is to plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of the Quality Department. Develop, implement and monitor quality policies and work instructions to ensure products meet or exceed customer quality requirements, reflect the Company’s Quality Standards and meet ISO requirements. Ensures ISO certification is maintained, leadership in ISO re-certification efforts and improvements in manufacturing quality, and direct supervision of quality team members.
- Ensure incoming, in-process and final inspection activities are effectively carried out to ensure all products are manufactured in compliance with customer requirements, product and drawing specifications, and in accordance with standard industrial guidelines.
- Plans, lead and implement activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for processes, materials, and products.
- Develops and initiates standards (procedures) and methods for inspection, testing and preservation of products.
- Devises sampling procedures, designs and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality data.
- Hands on with measurement methods / tools, quality techniques, product sign-offs, understanding of material test certifications, material trace ability, metallurgy, ASME and CWB welding processes, material testing & non-destructive testing.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant (nonconforming) material and devises methods to assess cost and responsibility.
- Compile and write training material and conduct training sessions on quality control activities.
- Ensures all quality requirements and documentation are complete for manufactured products including record keeping.
- Implement and maintain discrepant material process including corrective action system for follow up and root cause analysis.
- Assure supplier measurements are implemented for key suppliers and feedback of quality performance and improvements. Work with Purchasing group to assess and develop suppliers as required.
- Ensure quality requirements are reviewed for all new orders and that manufacturing inspection & test plans (ITP’s) are developed for each new contract.
- Active participation in company quality activities and initiatives including tracking of quality objectives (metrics) and key performance indicators
Job Specific Requirement/Knowledge/Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in a ISO manufacturing environment. Preferably within the Oil & Gas, Power Generation or Mining sectors
- Diploma in mechanical/ industrial technology
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and ERP software, preferably Infor Microsoft 365- Business Central.
- Should be familiar with ASTM, ASME, ANSI, CSA and API Standards and specifications.
- Good mechanical aptitude, proficient in reading blue prints, knowledge of weld procedures.
- Demonstrate a knowledge and an understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Understand how this position impacts the quality of products and services provided to our customers.
- Produce quality work (on-spec., on-time, on-budget).
- Participate pro-actively in the continuous improvement process.
- Be self-motivated with a positive attitude and the ability to multi-task.
- Work well within a team environment.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Maintain a professional, clean and safe work area.
Job Type: Full-time
- Quality Control: 5 years (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 5 years (Preferred)