Summary of Position
Responsible to perform the duties and responsibilities of the rooms attendant. Responsible for maintaining optimum customer service and the housekeeping department standards.
- Enrolled in High School
- Ability to communicate and comprehend both orally and written in English with employees and customers.
- WHMIS certificate.
- High School Diploma or Vocational equivalent
- Previous hotel and resort experience
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to operate cleaning equipment i.e. vacuum.
- Excellent customer service skills in order to maintain an exceptional rapport with customers and employees.
- Ability to follow directions and work in a timely manner.
- Ability to work cooperatively with employees and managers as part of a team.
Physical Effort required to perform the job:
- Long periods of standing and walking.
- Frequent bending, stretching kneeling and lifting.
- Repetitive arm and shoulder movements are required for cleaning.
- Frequent lifting of laundry bags, linens, towels, tables, flip charts, TV’s, VCR’s and chairs. Up to a maximum of 25lbs
- Repetitive pulling, lifting, reaching, bending and movement are required.
Room Attendant responsibilities:
- Clean and make up cottages as part of a team as per company standards and room assignments.
- Vacuuming, dust, and clean guest public areas as required.
- Stock guest coffee area and ensure adequate supply is available ( in some designated rooms as well as public areas.)
- Responsible for maintaining and stocking all guest rooms reporting any malfunctioning equipment, broken furniture etc. to the Rooms Manager.
WORKING CONDITIONS while performing the job:
- Required to work out doors and indoors therefore climate will vary.
- Frequently required to work with a large variety of cleaning products.
- Friday availability required.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.65 per hour
- cleaner: 1 year (Preferred)
- cleaning: 1 year (Preferred)
- Severn Bridge, ON (Preferred)