VanMar Constructors Inc. is a well-established, and highly respected General Contractor specializing in multi-residential, high rise, midrise, institutional and mixed-use projects. As a growing company, we're looking to give the right individual an opportunity to excel within our organization.
VanMar Constructors Inc. seeks an experienced Accounts Payable / Construction Sub-Contract Administrator to join their team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the timely processing of construction payables and commitments as well as providing assistance with additional projects as they arise.
The role and responsibilities:
- Matching, coding and processing of vendor invoices and sub-trade progress billing forms.
- Maintenance and monitoring of construction sub-contracts ensuring compliance of required documentation (Insurance, Statutory Declaration, WCB)
- Production of reports for project managers and resolution of variances and discrepancies
- Reconciliation of vendor statements with company payable records
- Balancing of AP sub-ledger with general ledger
- Preparation of monthly cheque runs and electronic payments
- Serve as the main contact person for correspondence with vendors and sub-trades
- Resolution of billing discrepancies
- Management of vendor/job contacts
- Minimum of 5 years experience processing a high volume of AP transactions within the construction industry
- Solid foundation in double entry bookkeeping
- Strong computer skills, including working experience with Timberline/Sage 300 Construction Software, intermediate knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite with a focus on Excel. Experience with ProCore Construction Software as well as Crystal Reports would be an asset.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to process data fast and with accuracy
- Knowledge of general office processes and procedures
- Ability to exercise good judgment and prioritize among a multitude of tasks
- Organized with an attention to detail
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn
- Self-motivated, who strives to perform outside of their job description
- Knowledge of the Construction Lien Act and documentation required for monthly payments and lien holdback's
Compensation and benefits:
- Salary will be commensurate with experience
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Three weeks’ vacation
VanMar recognizes and values the contributions of all its employees to building projects of the highest quality. As a result our Company has become a trusted and reputable builder throughout Ontario and British Columbia. To learn more about our company please visit our website http://vanmarconstructors.com/ If you are interested in this accounts payable position please submit your resume for consideration.
Job Type: Full-time