Job Posting #891536
Administrative Coordinator & Executive Assistant
MaRS Discovery Tower (currently remote)
Grand Challenges Canada
Director Global Health Initiative
Grand Challenges Canada (GCC) is seeking an Administrative Coordinator and Executive Assistant to play a critical role in supporting the Director, Global Health Innovation and the administration and coordination of corporate operations.
GCC is dedicated to supporting Bold Ideas with Big Impact®. Funded by the Government of Canada and other partners, GCC funds innovators in low-and middle-income countries and Canada. The bold ideas we support integrate science and technology, social and business innovation – we call this Integrated Innovation®. We have a determined focus on results, and on saving and improving lives. GCC works closely with a global network of partners to bring successful innovation to scale, catalyzing sustainability and impact.
We are a motivated, dedicated and diverse team who are seeking talented and motivated individuals to fill this new role. The key functions of this role center around providing the necessary administrative & coordination support to innovators and team members in order to ensure smooth and efficient management of our funding portfolios. This needed support includes scheduling, data management, communication with innovators, review coordination and support, as well as French-language assistance.
Executive Assistant – Global Health Innovation (50% LOE)
- Facilitating activities, including calendaring, travel bookings, visas, itineraries with full details/supporting documents, timely and accurate expense claims, etc.
- Contribute to efficient/accurate financial functions for the organization, which includes accountability for accurate and timely preparation, submission, reconciliation, tracking, follow-ups and filing of expense reimbursements
- Demonstrated level of competence in administrative capabilities that allows decisions to be made using appropriate judgment; make decisions related to procedural matters using established guidelines; advanced technological capabilities (Microsoft Office products)
- Ability to work independently/without guidance while maintaining close collaboration with Leadership Team and/or team members; presenting a professional and polished image at all times; professional telephone responses by self and all staff reporting
- Efficiently monitor, coordinate and execute matters related to Director’s various affiliations, memberships in national and international societies, institutions, academies and government relations, and subscriptions, strive to ensure submissions are well formatted, accurate and complete
- Successful logistical execution of significant events, including assisting with date selection, writing/sending out announcements, tracking participation
- Effective support with contracts preparation (compiling components of contracts with direction on any changes to make), and other administrative tasks as needed
- Perform other job-related duties, as required
Administrative Coordinator - Transition to Scale (50% LOE)
- Coordinate and oversee vendors of office services, including catering
- Day to day liaison with MaRS facility team, maintenance and security
- Ensure staff have access to appropriate space in office i.e. access cards and keys including any remote workspace
- Maintenance general communications including mailbox, info@GCC Mailbox (directing and responding to general inquiries), routine posting to GCC website and couriers
- Support of routine financial transaction including credit card purchases, Visa reconciliation and invoice approval
- General office space including furniture, equipment, and design
- Assist with other administrative tasks as needed, particularly when GCC’s Administrative and HR Coordinator is out of the office
- Perform other job-related duties, as required
- 2-3 years relevant administration experience in a fast-paced office or online environment
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in business administration or a related discipline OR equivalent work experience
- Highly organized and keen attention to detail
- Proven ability to respond to changing priorities
Vaccines (COVID and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume, covering letter, and contact information for two referees. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
January 13, 2022 Closing Date: January 27, 2022
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
UHN thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, persons with disabilities and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.