You will organize, manage, and perform an extensive array of secretarial, administrative, and program support activities on behalf of the Vice President, Assistant Vice President, and other senior officers of the company. You will be the primary point of administrative and operational contact for internal and external communications, often on complicated and confidential matters.
- Maintains administrative workflow by studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures.
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices; studying utilization of micro-computer and software technologies; evaluating personnel and technological requirements; implementing changes.
- Develops administrative staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and coaching.
- Resolves administrative problems by analyzing information; identifying and communication solutions.
- Maintains rapport with customers, managers, and employees by arranging continuing contacts; researching and developing new services and methods; setting priorities; resolving problem situations.
- Maintains suggestion system by directing and controlling administrative technical aspects in accordance with management directives.
- Provides information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains continuity of work operations by documenting and communicating needed actions to management; discovering irregularities; determining continuing needs.
- Guides employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating administrative policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating developments to management.
- Completes administrative projects by identifying and implementing new technology and resources; redesigning systems; recommending re-deployment of designated resources.
- Accomplishes department and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Managing and routing phone calls appropriately.
- Processing and reporting on office expenses.
- Maintaining physical and digital employee Access records.
- Schedule in-house and external meetings.
- Distribute incoming mail.
- Organize company documents into updated filing systems.
- Address employees’ and clients’ queries (via email, phone or in-person).
- Prepare presentations, spreadsheets and reports.
- Update office policies as needed.
- Provides confidential administrative assistance to the chief executives
- Handles purchasing and maintenance of all general office supplies
- Manages the company schedule and calendar and arranges travel
- Screens and handles telephone communications and greets visitors to maintain a professional image
- Serves as a liaison with external institutions, other offices, and clients
- Collects, enters, and maintains information to maintain departmental databases and records
- Drafts and finalizes written correspondence and documentation for the office
- Screens and assesses incoming and outgoing correspondence and develops replies
- Handles incoming and outgoing shipping and receiving activities, including FedEx and UPS shipments
- Assists in the coordination, direction, and fulfillment of special projects
- Coordinates and supervises the daily management of equipment and facilities for the organization
- Enhances personal growth and professional development by participating in workshops, in-service meetings, current literature, and educational programs
- Organize, store and print company documents as needed
- Handle queries from managers and employees
- Performs additional job-related duties as assigned
- Highly efficient time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Strong capability to multitask and finish assigned projects before deadlines are due
- Highly proficient in Google environment (sheets, Docs, forms etc.)
- Ability to work with minimal or no supervision
- Self-motivated and effective in a team setting and individually
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Knowledge of current and emerging trends in technologies, techniques, issues, and approaches in area of expertise.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Information research skills.
- Database management skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and/or projections.
- Word processing and/or data entry skills.
- Knowledge of office management principles and procedures.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials. Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Meticulous, with an attention to detail
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Ability to supervise and train assigned staff including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Problem-solving attitude with an eye for detail
- A Bachelor's Degree is required.
- One to two years of Administrative experience required.
Job Type: Full-time