Position Summary :
The Optician reporting to the Vision Centre Manager provides the Store with expertise on the ordering and dispensing of quality eyewear while maximizing sales and profit and creating/maintaining exemplary customer service.
An individual must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Administer, support and represent the core corporate values of Respect for the Individual, Service to our Customer and Striving for Excellence.
- Maximize Vision Centre sales and profit with direction from the Vision Centre Manager.
- Provide assistance in training the Vision Centre Associates to ensure they are knowledgeable about lenses, frames and contact lens products.
- Responsible for the regular care of the Vision Centre to ensure a proper appearance and hospital clean environment for Staff, Patients, and Doctors.
- Participate in the execution of regular competition surveys and execution of marketing and merchandising programs as per company expectations.
- Responsible for ordering & maintaining accurate inventory of product.
- Prepare work orders and instructions for grinding lenses and fabricating eyeglasses.
- Verify that finished lenses conform to specifications.
- Fabricate lenses to conform to prescription specifications.
- Maintain a high level of Patient service and patient care in the Vision Centre.
- Assist Patients in selecting frames according to style and color, and ensure that frames are coordinated with facial and eye measurements and optical prescriptions.
- Measure Patients’ bridge and eye size, temple length, vertex distance, pupillary distance, and optical centers of eyes, using measuring devices.
- Recommend specific lenses, lens coatings, and frames to suit client needs.
- Instruct Patients to wear and care for eyeglasses properly.
- Maintain records of Patient prescriptions, work orders, and payments.
- Responsible for adhering to the provincial dispensing guidelines and ensuring that these are maintained by Associates at all times.
- Establish and develop a strong working relationship with Division 1 Management and Professional Services District Manager.
- Accept and evaluate written prescription orders from Patients or Doctors.
- Participate in weekly Vision Centre meetings and morning/afternoon Store meetings.
- Attendance and completion of Continuing Education (CE) credits to maintain license as per provincial guidelines.
- Operate the Vision Centre computer, register equipment and other assigned tools.
- Protect company assets.
Reference ID: 1402344BR
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $30.00-$35.00 per hour
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Paid Time Off
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care
- Optician: 1 year (Preferred)