About the Company
Giraffe Foods Inc. is a fast-paced Mississauga-based food company specializing in the development and manufacture of custom sauces, dips, dressings and beverage concentrates for Food Service, Retail and Industrial customers. Founded in 1997, Giraffe Foods is a privately-held business that is growing rapidly by delivering quality, consistency, service and value to all customers. With a GFSI Certified Food Safety program and Tier 2 Status with C-TPAT, Giraffe proudly ships products throughout North America and overseas.
The Batch Blender is responsible for ensuring that all blend production processes and activities are set up and run in a manner which maximizes food safety, quality, efficiency and safety while meeting all company standards.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for operating mixers, boilers, pasteurizer and pumps
- Operate metering equipment for dispensing oil, fructose, water and invert sugar
- Check production schedule daily to ensure that production requirements are met
- Accurately measure and weigh of ingredients according to the instruction on the batch sheets
- Maintain concise, accurate records of all mixed batches
- Take samples for QC and check products for defects to ensure conformance to company standards
- Follow and practice all GMP’s, HACCP and SQF protocols
- Clean and sanitize tanks, pumps and pasteurizer on a daily basis
- Maintain cleanliness and organization in the blending area
- Work in accordance with all Health and Safety policies and procedures and maintain a safe work environment
- Other duties as assigned by Manager
Education, Experience & Competency Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 2-4 years blend or batch making experience in the food/beverage industry
- Must have strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient ability to speak, read, write and take direction in English
- Strong mathematical and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of GMP’s, HACCP and SQF principles is preferred
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities simultaneously in order to meet deadlines
- Able to work in a fast-paced work environment and have good attention to detail
- Positive attitude and the ability to work effectively with a team as well as work independently as needed
- Ability to engage in routine walking, standing, bending and carry items weight up to 40 lbs plus for extended periods of time
- Valid Forklift license is a must
- Must be flexible to work dayshift and afternoon shift when required
Interested candidates may apply on-line. Please specify salary expectations in your cover letter.
We thank all those that apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Batch mixing/blending: 2 years (Required)