We Are StormFree
StormFree Cloud Corporation (StormFree) is constructing the future of cloud-driven enterprise services by enabling businesses to control their own data without sacrificing security. Our Platform empowers companies to deploy and manage technology services within their business ecosystem by providing integrations that support interoperability at all levels of infrastructure while embracing the expandability of cloud computing.
StormFree is a remote working environment that enables consultants to be based anywhere in Canada provided they are Canadian Residents and have a stable, high-speed internet connection.
To learn more about StormFree, please check our website at https://www.stormfree.cloud.
We Invite You
StormFree Cloud Corporation is looking for a DevOps and Storage Generalist with design, deployment and maintenance of cloud orchestration and technologies experience to join our team on a long-term contract basis. The Generalist plays a key role in delivering high quality products to licensees and end users.
As a DevOps and Storage Generalist, you will work closing with the Cloud Architect, Project Managers and skilled Development and Infrastructure teams focusing on designing, deploying and maintaining kubernetes in a distributed infrastructure that handles a wide range of applications on Linux systems. We are seeking a great communicator and team player who is passionate about technology, excited to be part of a fresh, enterprising venture, and has a solid track record of delivering results.
As DevOps and Storage Generalist you will:
- build and maintain high-performance, high-availability systems
- enhance AWS and Kubernetes security, while working with leading industry security experts to combat breaches
- embody the StormFree Way to help build and deliver quality products that meet or exceed the highest industry standards
- embrace the remote work culture, building strong relationships with team members, managers, and stakeholders
- engage with project managers to fulfill schedules and budget deliverables
- contribute to and maintain project documentation, including estimates, procedures and plans
- create and deliver presentations to StormFree teams, management, and stakeholders
Required skills include:
- expert knowledge of ceph, rook or similar distributed file systems
- good understanding of object and block storage and related technologies.
- experience with multiple Linux platforms and a large variety of applications, including:
- web server technologies (apache, nginx, etc.)
- system integrations and scripting (python, bash, shell, ruby, powershell, etc.)
- security applications (compliance, audition, vpn, 2fa, etc.)
- cloud and orchestration technologies (docker, rancher)
- server configuration technologies (ansible, chef, puppet, etc.)
- proficient with build systems and continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) platforms such as GitLab.
- experience deploying kubernetes (k8s) in development through production pipelines
- ability to maintain k8s in code
- proficient in IaC tools to provision infrastructure (Packer, Terraform, etc.)
- familiarity with public cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- ability to identify and communicate both potential issues and opportunities
- adept at considering problems from all angles and contributing effectively to solution options
- adaptable in a fast paced, dynamic, and growing organization
- proficient in creating and delivering presentations
- effective in interfacing with both technical and non-technical audiences
- ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- experience working with highly technical organizations
- experience with version control (Git, GitLab, Repo)
- strong written and oral English communication
Preferred skills include knowledge of:
- familiarity with proxies and reverse proxies (Traefik, haproxy nginx etc.)
- cryptography and cryptosystems (SKC, PKC, hashing, certificates)
- a variety of software development methodologies, such as iterative prototyping, Agile
- Quality Assurance strategies and experience testing best practices
Preferred education includes:
- certification in cloud technology
- degree, preferably B.Sc. Engineering or Computer Science
- diploma from a technical institution
- relevant certifications from recognized training institutions
Your Work Environment
Your work space must have:
- a private work area, such as a rented space or a home office
- a stable, high-speed internet connection on a reliable network
- a computer with sufficient processing power to meet work commitments
- a headset and camera for meetings
This is a contract role, working remotely. Compensation is based on experience and performance.
We thank you for your interest in working with StormFree. You will be contacted if you are selected to move forward with the next step in our process.
Job Type: Contract
- Ceph or Rook: 2 years (Required)
- deploying Kubernetes: 2 years (Required)
- object and block storage and related technologies: 3 years (Required)
- DevOps: 4 years (Required)
- multiple Linux platforms and a large variety of applications: 5 years (Required)
- Mississauga, ON (Preferred)