Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday (2 Saturdays per month)
Full-Time Receptionist wanted for well-established Aveda Hair Salon located Downtown Maple Ridge with 6 long term stylists. Our ideal candidate is someone who is as passionate about the hair and beauty industry as we are. Make-up Artists are welcome, you will have the ability to use your skills and build a portfolio.
Being our receptionist is a very important position as you are the face and first impression of our salon!
We require someone who understands the importance of appearance and professionalism, while providing excellent customer care and support to our staff. You MUST be comfortable communicating with clients in person and over the phone and booking appointments. We are looking for someone who is great at multi-tasking, who is organized, reliable and a team player. Our receptionist works alongside our stylists to provide the best experience for our clients.
Day to Day Receptionist Responsibilities:
- Shows up on time and ready to work
- Help set up salon for the day
- Keep front desk tidy and presentable with all necessary supplies
- Greet and welcome guests with a smile.
- Answer questions about services, products and promotions
- Processing payments on POS machine and rewards program.
- Answer all incoming phone calls
- Check and reply to emails
- Book appointments accurately
- Receive salon product orders etc. and distribute them
- Inventory management
- Help display new products and promotions.
- As a team we keep the salon clean and tidy this may include: folding laundry, washing cups, keeping the bathroom tidy, sweeping floors and dusting product displays.
- Reception Experience
- Personable, proficient in sales
- Available to work Saturdays -
- Computer Skills: Programs, Email, Social Media
- Proficient in English (oral and written)
- Strong communication and people skills
- Good organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Problem-solving skills
- Customer service Skills
- High School diploma; additional qualifications will be a bonus
- Interest in the beauty and fashion industry
- Takes pride in their job.
- Make-Up Artist (not required)
*We would be willing to hire an entry level receptionist if you are the right candidate.
We are looking for someone who wants to be a part of our salon family. If you think you are someone who has great people skills, wants to work as a team, is energetic and willing to learn please send us your resume or stop by the salon.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $13.00 to $15.00 /hour
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Required)